Barron Pcat Book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use BARRON to study CHEMISTRY section and scored good on it? does it work? because Barron chemistry questions are so simple and KAPLAN book chemistry is so hard??? Advice please...

ALSO for MATH PCAT, do we need to memorize like 1mile = 3546ft? anything like that?

Members don't see this ad.

PharmDster said:
Does anyone use BARRON to study CHEMISTRY section and scored good on it? does it work? because Barron chemistry questions are so simple and KAPLAN book chemistry is so hard??? Advice please...

ALSO for MATH PCAT, do we need to memorize like 1mile = 3546ft? anything like that?

First off, there are 5,20 feet in a mile. But no, you don't need to memorize that.

I found Barron's a complete waste of time. The Chemistry was much more difficult on the PCAT than in the barron book. Just my two cents.

jemc2000 said:
First off, there are 5,20 feet in a mile. But no, you don't need to memorize that.

I found Barron's a complete waste of time. The Chemistry was much more difficult on the PCAT than in the barron book. Just my two cents.
5280 ft = 1 mile :smuggrin:

By the way, how were they harder? I've been studying from the Barron's Practice tests... Also been reviewing and doing practice problems from General Chem, and Quantitative Analysis. Don't know what exactly to start with Organic except to know functional groups and how to name molecules... What types of problems did you wish you had studied beforehand? What types of problems did you feel good about? Just curious! I'm taking the June 25th test.

I would not just use the Barron's book alone to study. I don't feel it is thorough enough. It's good practice to go over their problems, but IMO, not enough.