Barcelona INS 2022 Talking Points for the Future of Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
1) "Always be implanting."
2) "40 shots per day is a busy morning."
3) "20 min new and 10 min follow-ups with a scribe, employed fellow, or new "associated physician" is sustainable."
4) "PA or CRNA in procedure room doing bread and butter IPM and pain surgeon in OR implanting is new normal."
5) "Ancillaries, ancillaries, ancillaries. Know your worth and bargain like you're the third monkey on the ramp to get onboard Noah's Ark"

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
The Goldbergs No GIF by ABC Network

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
1) "Always be implanting."
2) "40 shots per day is a busy morning."
3) "20 min new and 10 min follow-ups with a scribe, employed fellow, or new "associated physician" is sustainable."
4) "PA or CRNA in procedure room doing bread and butter IPM and pain surgeon in OR implanting is new normal."
5) "Ancillaries, ancillaries, ancillaries. Know your worth and bargain like you're the third monkey on the ramp to get onboard Noah's Ark"

A regional based population does not support the above. It is what will bring the end of reimbursement for routine pain procedures. I would advocate single payor and a cap on compensation for providing care. You can make all the money you want, just don't do it pretending to take care of the patients.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A regional based population does not support the above. It is what will bring the end of reimbursement for routine pain procedures. I would advocate single payor and a cap on compensation for providing care. You can make all the money you want, just don't do it pretending to take care of the patients.

It sounds like you're describing socialized post-office style health care.

In that guys defense, he does see all his own patients. And has about 13 staff members to keep the wheels greased during procedure day and an otherwise empty OR.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats right. I forgot about Joe and Fatima. They are loan sharks now?

*starts packing bags back into 100% anesthesia just a little faster*