Bank loans in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted697535

I'm an IMG PR who has done my residency at home(Europe) and now restarting kind of residency in Canada. I still have a Euro loan to pay off. I'm wondering about getting a loan in Canada to pay off my euro loan and whether that would be possible or made sense?
Any advice?
My euro loan is at about 5% interest I think. Still have few years to go to pay it off

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an IMG PR who has done my residency at home(Europe) and now restarting kind of residency in Canada. I still have a Euro loan to pay off. I'm wondering about getting a loan in Canada to pay off my euro loan and whether that would be possible or made sense?
Any advice?
My euro loan is at about 5% interest I think. Still have few years to go to pay it off

Usually medical students/residents in Canada are able to secure a line of credit at the prime rate. Obviously, if you are non-traditional, they may have to look deeper into your individual situation. I think it makes total sense if you are planning to live and practice in Canada to consolidate your loans at a lower rate in a Canadian bank and pay off your euro debt.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm paying 4.75 % on my loan at home. That's not bad. Don't know if I'll get better in canada