bad semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
;

Members don't see this ad.

yeah it is. in fact you might as well just go one send those acceptances my way. ;)

one c don't matter. don't even call the schools and make and issue of it. you were on interviews, doing secondaries, etc and slipped up in one class. big deal. life goes on.

Members don't see this ad :)
if one C is a bad semester...damn almost half my academic career would have been bad then haha.

dont worry about it bro. its just one C.

Originally posted by jlee9531
if one C is a bad semester...damn almost half my academic career would have been bad then haha.

dont worry about it bro. its just one C.

lol I am right there with you jlee
I knew someone who got C's and B's through two years of college...you know what he is doing now? Sitting in Stanford Medical School living it up. Don't worry, they will understand...but hey if you are worried just sign my name on the acceptance, I won't mind ;)

C's give you character. People who get all A's end up in research because they have poor people skills. J/K. I'd sell a sex organ to have a 4.0 right now. (I've got 2 of 'em and they make realistic prosthetics...it'd be worth it.)

"you gotta know how to lose to know how to win"

Actually...what indo said is right on the money...lol. People with 4.0 bcpm GPAs usually end up in research (either on the PhD track...or the MD/PhD track). In fact, schools will even try to steer these people towards the research track because all schools (whether they're graduate schools or med schools) want the best researchers and the best researchers at the graduate level were usually also the best students at the undergraduate level (and also had ugrad research experience).

Honestly, I don't think one C will jeopardize anything. One C could not have tanked your cumulative GPA...although it may have lowered your semester GPA significantly. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. I think they only rescind acceptances for those students who have shown a consistent pattern of poor grades during their junior/senior years. Just make sure you don't pick up any more more Cs...you'll be fine. Best of luck to ya.

Originally posted by indo
C's give you character. People who get all A's end up in research because they have poor people skills. J/K. I'd sell a sex organ to have a 4.0 right now. (I've got 2 of 'em and they make realistic prosthetics...it'd be worth it.)

"you gotta know how to lose to know how to win"
pfffff.... hahahaha.... yeah right. :laugh: :rolleyes:

You will be fine. 1 C won't make them take away your acceptance. Just send in your transcripts to the school where you matriculate and they may not even notice.