This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franzliszt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN,

This week has come with some bad news. I realized that

1) Due to financial constraints I will be able to apply to max 9 schools. FAP not an option.

2) My cGPA will appear a full point lower than I thought. My school transcript says 3.6, but because I have so many A+s in my last two years (averaged a 3.87), in AMCAS eyes I only earned a 3.53. My MCAT is a 516 so I crafted my school list using WARS class C. Now I realize I'm in class D and should be considering applying to DO schools.

This is unfortunate, but I have done my research and think I can make the necessary adjustments to still have a successful cycle. I have good breadth of volunteering and interesting experiences. Last two years I averaged an AMCAS GPA of 3.87. I'll be a scribe during my year in between, and hopefully playing guitar in a folk group in Minneapolis. Also, I interview well.

Schools I am now targeting.

1) Minnesota - TC, and Duluth (home state)
2) EVMS
3) NYMC
4) Western Michigan
5) MCW
6) Quinnipiac
7) Tulane
8) Rosalind Franklin
9) Wayne State

Any advice is appreciated, but I would like especially to hear what my chances are, and what can I do to improve them.

Sincerely,

Grateful

Members don't see this ad.

Remove Wayne State and EVMS since they give preference to their own state residents. Add Seton Hall and NOVA MD. You could remove Tulane and add Oakland Beaumont.

Remove Wayne State and EVMS since they give preference to their own state residents. Add Seton Hall and NOVA MD. You could remove Tulane and add Oakland Beaumont.

Thanks,

What do you think my chances are at Minnesota?