Back to school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lisFRANK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered going back and applying to allopathic/osteopathic medical school?

If you applied and got in, would you start in third year? Second-first??

I am currently a first year resident, so obviously not far removed from academics. This question is based more on curiosity than anything. But for instance, if you would start in third year- that isn't such a large sacrifice given the difference in salary down the road....

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone ever considered going back and applying to allopathic/osteopathic medical school?

I am currently a first year resident, so obviously not far removed from academics. This question is based more on curiosity than anything. But for instance, if you would start in third year- that isn't such a large sacrifice given the difference in salary down the road....

Yeah it would be MS1 for you. I would never consider doing that. PA school? Maybe. Hardware/equipment rep? Sure. No way am I going back to school though for 4 years in order to have my debt over-double and have to do reasidency again.

dtrack, i agree- would never start over again. I wouldn't have to do residency over again tho, i am just starting.

BTW i would hope we outmake salary -wise PA's and reps!?!?

Members don't see this ad :)

Dr. Bakotic went through podiatric medical school, podiatric residency, osteopathic medical school, pathology residency, and fellowship in oncologic/derm pathology. I think he's doing fairly well for himself now, but can you imagine going through all that without knowing whether or not it would be worth it in the end? You'd have to be very motivated. The only way to "shorten" the training (not really) currently is via the Nova Southeastern D.P.M. to D.O. track, but you'd be better off just going to a regular M.D./D.O. program.

Dr. Bakotic is the exception not the rule. He's a brilliant guy but an even more brilliant businessman and entrepreneur.

I've listened to him lecture a lot. Every time I come out of his lecture I feel scared and defensive.

I then proceed to impulsively biopsy everything in sight and send it to Bako labs.

Take my patient's money please!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Agreed, lol I think I lost it at amelanotic melanoma, how the **** am I going to see a nearly invisible lesion and know I gotta biopsy it?!

Reactions: 1 user