Babysitting/Nannying Work Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyskies26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I list babysitting under work experience? I have been sitting for 2 families for the past 3 years, totaling approximately 12 hours/week. This is on top of 2 jobs that I have also had. Should I include this in work experience or leave it out? And if I do include it, would "Name of Organization/Employer" just be Self-Employed? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

you might as well put any work experience on your app. Babysitting isn't being self employed. You're employed by the mother/father of the kids.

Yes, I think it's appropriate to include it. Did the families have you on a payroll and withdraw taxes for you? If not, then you were self-employed and worked as a contractor, so you can put self-employed in that case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I think it's appropriate to include it. Did the families have you on a payroll and withdraw taxes for you? If not, then you were self-employed and worked as a contractor, so you can put self-employed in that case.

I stand corrected. lol

Thank you so much! I was not employed by the families and no taxes were taken out, so I'm going to go with self-employed. I really appreciate the input!

No biggie :p
Hey Nicole, congrats on making it through your first semester of PT school! How did it go? I'm starting in a week! :D

it went well, thanks! It was overwhelming that's for sure. When they say it's like drinking water from a fire hydrant, it's more like standing at the base of Niagara falls lol. Sweet, good luck! Where are you going?

it went well, thanks! It was overwhelming that's for sure. When they say it's like drinking water from a fire hydrant, it's more like standing at the base of Niagara falls lol. Sweet, good luck! Where are you going?

I had an "off" year between applying last year and starting this year, so I feel so relaxed. It's hard to believe it's all going to be starting so soon! I'll be going to Texas Woman's University in Dallas.

I had an "off" year between applying last year and starting this year, so I feel so relaxed. It's hard to believe it's all going to be starting so soon! I'll be going to Texas Woman's University in Dallas.

enjoy your relaxed feeling because it won't last very long lol. That's awesome, I've heard good things about the school. good luck!