BA/BS+MD Programs Chances

Thanatos0403

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a high school junior and I desperately want to be a doctor. Seeing this I have decided to apply to BA/BS+MD programs in addition to college. I have spent a little too much time on college confidential and SDN and it has made me extremely nervous about my chances of getting into these programs (the 'SDN' effect :D.) Here are my stats, can you guys review my profile and give me a snapshot of my chances and/or suggest programs that I might get into, thanks!
Academics:
GPA: 3.7/4.0
ACT: (Not taken yet, planning for June)
SAT: 1500 - 720 Reading 780 Math
AP Courses: AP World History (did extremely well in course, got 3 on exam), AP US History (didn't take exam yet), AP Language and Comp (didn't take exam yet).
Senior Year AP Courses (planned): AP Calc (AB), AP Biology, AP Economics (Macro+Micro), AP Lit
SAT IIs: World History 730 Math 1+2(planned) Bio(planned) Chem(maybe)
College Now: Statistics, economics, Psych, Business
Extra Curriculars/Accolades:
National Honor Society
Biology Olympiad (didn't win anything)
Science Olympiad (won a bunch of regional awards)
Math Team
Swim Team (varsity)
XC/Track (varsity in xc)
Tutor for disadvantaged children in local school
New York City Science and Engineering Fair (research competition, participant)
Research at a biochem lab (wrote a paper+poster published in research competition above ^)
Russian language competition silver medalist (my school only offers Russian lol)
In a local orchestra (bunch of concerts etc)
Certified in AutoCAD (lol?)
Microsoft Technology Assistant (another certification lol?)
Russian, German, Spanish

Sorry for regurgitating my resume but can you guys take a look and suggest some programs/evaluate my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I am currently a junior at SLU.

I applied to many BA/BS to MD programs when I was in high school.

I was accepted into UMKC's 6 year BA/MD program as well as SLU's Medical scholar program (8 year conditional acceptance program).

I, as you can obviously tell, chose SLU (I actually ended up dropping it to apply out, but that's a story for a different time).

My stats were:
4.0 GPA, 34 ACT, SAT was 2100 something but I ended up not using it.
Did they change the SAT to be out of something other than 2400? Or are you reporting only a partial score?

Anyways, your chances for UMKC and SLU are pretty high if you do well on the ACT (30-32+ would be more than sufficient). Not so sure what scores are good for the SAT because I never submitted my score for apps.

I also applied to UAB's program and OU's humanity program; I was ultimately rejected.

Good luck!

Hi there,

I am currently a junior at SLU.

I applied to many BA/BS to MD programs when I was in high school.

I was accepted into UMKC's 6 year BA/MD program as well as SLU's Medical scholar program (8 year conditional acceptance program).

I, as you can obviously tell, chose SLU (I actually ended up dropping it to apply out, but that's a story for a different time).

My stats were:
4.0 GPA, 34 ACT, SAT was 2100 something but I ended up not using it.
Did they change the SAT to be out of something other than 2400? Or are you reporting only a partial score?

Anyways, your chances for UMKC and SLU are pretty high if you do well on the ACT (30-32+ would be more than sufficient). Not so sure what scores are good for the SAT because I never submitted my score for apps.

I also applied to UAB's program and OU's humanity program; I was ultimately rejected.

Good luck!

Yea, they changed the sat to out of 1600, mine is the equivalent of a 2250 or so, thanks for the support!