[B]What Are Those That Were not Accepted Going To Do?[/B]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LordOfTheDance

I'm Awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I personally am going to complete my bachelors in zoology and apply again in the fall... What are you all gonna do?

Members don't see this ad.

If I don't get in, I'll get my b.s. in biology anyway this spring, retake the 5 pre-pharm classes I got Cs in, try to get into a pharmacy, do some community service, and apply again. I figure if I get As or even Bs in all of the retakes, and get some pharm experience and community service, that no school can tell me no. At least that's what i hope. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
LordOfTheDance said:
I personally am going to complete my bachelors in zoology and apply again in the fall... What are you all gonna do?

hey Ryan, keep your chin up! I'll be applying next year too.. I know you go to WIU and we've been in a few classes together. So if you ever wanna get together and talk pharmacy.. IM Me!

:D jumping into the grand canyon is looking like an option right now. . . lol

LordOfTheDance said:
What are you all gonna do...

WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!!!

hoganbootband2.jpg

Getting a job and taking an anatomy course, reapplying really early, and making sure that I have everything the schools want =)

I would finish my B.S. in biology, do shadowing rotations, take PCAT again, apply to even more pharmacy schools, and continue to explore naturopathic medicine as a new option for my career.

i only applied to one school, because i decided to apply for this application cycle late. i was informed by the school the final decision letters for everyone would be sent out by the end of the month. if i don't get in, i'm going home for the summer and coming back next fall to take the 4 classes i need to graduate (i finished a pre-medicine honors degree in 3 1/2 years--boo ya! :laugh: ) then i will apply next year to some more schools.

I'm not really sure of what to do. I applied to five schools and got rejection letters from three of them. I haven't heard from the other two and this was my second time of applying to Pharm schools. As an alternative, I applied to one of the Caribbean Medical schools but still waiting for a reply. I also got accepted to a nursing program but I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to go to the Caribbean school if I get accepted or start the nursing program.

floramed said:
I'm not really sure of what to do. I applied to five schools and got rejection letters from three of them. I haven't heard from the other two and this was my second time of applying to Pharm schools. As an alternative, I applied to one of the Caribbean Medical schools but still waiting for a reply. I also got accepted to a nursing program but I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to go to the Caribbean school if I get accepted or start the nursing program.

Those five schools you applied to and got rejection letters from, did you get interviews for them?

floramed said:

I'm yet to even apply - but I can already feel for ya guys - I think its important to continue with education though. Get one degree done, then move on to the next. You can try again later - but always have a backup plan...

best of :luck: to you guys still waiting

~above~

As with another post, I also applied to 5 schools for this year, got rejected from 3 of them (w/out an interview), and just found out today that I'm also getting rejected from a 4th school. I'm sure that since I haven't heard ANYTHING yet from the 5th school, I'm getting rejected from there too... I'd like to share that I have a 3.0 gpa and my PCATs (I took it twice) were pretty bad (<60%). :( I have my BS in Biology but I'm retaking the science classes (those with a C) in the fall 06. I'll also be re-taking the PCAT for the 3rd time in OCT and then applying for fall 07 to pharm schools.. in addition, I've been working at a hospital pharmacy as a technician in hopes that it will help me with admissions.. can ANYONE out there help me thru this? Most people would say they'd be happy if they got into a school... right now, I'm happy with at least an invitation for an interview! :(
Thanks much in advance! Congrats to all those who got into schools and Good Luck to those who have to re-apply! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in a similar situation. I applied to 8 schools, got rejected by four and am waiting to hear back from four (no interviews). If I don't get in I am gonna re-take the classes that I feel I did most poorly in that will help boost my PCAT scores and re-take the PCAT in October. I will then re-apply. If I don't get in next year I'm gonna apply to a M.S. program to boost my GPA and get some upper division experience. Hopefully by then I will get accepted! It sounds like you are really dedicated and I think that is great. Good luck with your plans!

i'm just scared i won't get in next year... i dont' want to waste my time applying year after year but i don't know what else to do... i called butler univ. and they told me that i wasn't eligible to apply as a freshmen in pharm because i have over 12 credits already (i have a bachelors). before that i asked them just about applying for their 3rd year (1st year PharmD) and the lady said that they were looking into doing away with transfers... are there any 6 year schools that will accept people like me into the 1st year (pre-pharm)?

floramed said:

Just wondering what is your gpa and pcat scores? Since you have already gotten rejection letters from 3 schools, Im just trying to get an idea of who they are rejecting. Did you have aany volunteer or pharmacy experience? Your info will be really helpful. Thanks

Does anybody know what type of degree all the pre-pharm courses can go towards so that I might only need 2 more years of school to get if I do not get into a pharmacy school? I am only applying to one because I am married with a family and relocating is out of the question unfortunatly. I wish I could apply to several to increase my chances. Hopefully I get in!

jregan said:
Does anybody know what type of degree all the pre-pharm courses can go towards so that I might only need 2 more years of school to get if I do not get into a pharmacy school? I am only applying to one because I am married with a family and relocating is out of the question unfortunatly. I wish I could apply to several to increase my chances. Hopefully I get in!
The easiest major to declare with the prePharm requirements in mind at my University were Biology, Biochemistry, BA Chemistry, and Neuroscience. It is possible to complete the degree in two full-time years after completing your prereqs. This might be different at your school.

pills_r_good said:
If I don't get in, I'll get my b.s. in biology anyway this spring, retake the 5 pre-pharm classes I got Cs in, try to get into a pharmacy, do some community service, and apply again. I figure if I get As or even Bs in all of the retakes, and get some pharm experience and community service, that no school can tell me no. At least that's what i hope. :luck:

Good luck... feeling kinda the same here..... i may be in school forever... lol :(

floramed said:

Which carribbean school did you apply to? I'm thinking of doing the same if worse comes to worse. My friend graduated from Ross ... he says it was tough...but he made it through and through.. is completing his fellowship this year and starting to make $140K... if he can do it (not the sharpest tool in the shed) we can! :) good luck! (Do you know if it's hard to get into Ross?)

Rebecatfl said:
Which carribbean school did you apply to? I'm thinking of doing the same if worse comes to worse. My friend graduated from Ross ... he says it was tough...but he made it through and through.. is completing his fellowship this year and starting to make $140K... if he can do it (not the sharpest tool in the shed) we can! :) good luck! (Do you know if it's hard to get into Ross?)

What fellowship did he complete that only provides a 140k job salary after completion?

guys!!!! good luck to ALL of you out there..Keep on trying and improving yr applications..and definitely apply for MORE schoools!!! You guys CAN do it..Don't give up until you're EXTREMELY exhausted (jk)...It's hard but it will pay off, believe me.....again good luck guys.. :luck: :luck: :luck:

jregan said:
Just wondering what is your gpa and pcat scores? Since you have already gotten rejection letters from 3 schools, Im just trying to get an idea of who they are rejecting. Did you have aany volunteer or pharmacy experience? Your info will be really helpful. Thanks

My gpa is 3.35 and pcat is <60. Took it twice. I have only hospital experience.

Rebecatfl said:

I applied to the American University of Antigua. I will also apply to Ross when I take the Mcat in August. My plan is to go to AUA this fall If I get accepted and transfer to Ross later on.

I think I am going to take two months off starting in September and backpack around Europe. I have all my Pre-Pharm stuff done and this might be my only chance.

Undecided12 said:
What fellowship did he complete that only provides a 140k job salary after completion?

How much do you think Family Practitioners make?