B&B for NBDE 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kc3521

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on B&B for NBDE Part 1? Did anyone use it exclusively?

Members don't see this ad.

Any thoughts on B&B for NBDE Part 1? Did anyone use it exclusively?
A friend shared the B&B videos/book with me. I felt like the material was good, but I would more readily recommend the Pass the Dental Boards video and the Dental Boards Mastery App. This, in conjunction with regular practice tests the month before my exam, prepared me well (at least this is how I felt, and I passed)

Although I didn't use B&B exclusively, I did use it for the vast majority of my study time. I recently took the actual NBDE test a few days ago, so I can't comment on whether I passed or not (I hope I did..? haha), but I did want to comment about it now because I don't think many people use it. I thought it was an okay study material, not more than that. Probably the biggest caveat about using B&B is that it really does NOT cover the microbiology/systemic pathology section sufficiently (I think someone already mentioned this fact in another thread)! About two weeks before my test, I got skeptical about B&B so I quickly purchased the Mastery App and SO THANKFUL that I did, because the actual test required quite a bit of knowing which microorganism (bacteria/fungus/virus) is correlated with which symptom, etc. and this was covered nicely in the app. If I had to re-study for the exam, I definitely would have started with the Mastery App... but anyways I already took the test so let's see how it turns out. This was just my personal opinion/experience so feel free to add on to what I said :)

Although I didn't use B&B exclusively, I did use it for the vast majority of my study time. I recently took the actual NBDE test a few days ago, so I can't comment on whether I passed or not (I hope I did..? haha), but I did want to comment about it now because I don't think many people use it. I thought it was an okay study material, not more than that. Probably the biggest caveat about using B&B is that it really does NOT cover the microbiology/systemic pathology section sufficiently (I think someone already mentioned this fact in another thread)! About two weeks before my test, I got skeptical about B&B so I quickly purchased the Mastery App and SO THANKFUL that I did, because the actual test required quite a bit of knowing which microorganism (bacteria/fungus/virus) is correlated with which symptom, etc. and this was covered nicely in the app. If I had to re-study for the exam, I definitely would have started with the Mastery App... but anyways I already took the test so let's see how it turns out. This was just my personal opinion/experience so feel free to add on to what I said :)
Did you feel like those two together pretty much covered everything you saw on the test? Were the questions same difficulty as on the app?

Members don't see this ad :)
In my experience, the app was a good review but the questions on the real exam were more difficult. I would highly recommend using ASDA released exams as a practice for the actual exam.

Reactions: 1 user
I used First Aid for NBDE Part I and notes from my courses from 1st year and passed ( I took the test very end of July, right after D1). I also found the test not too hard. Also all my classmates that I asked used First Aid and few Mastery App and passed so far. I did not use B&B and did not spent any money on prep material but heard very good things about Mastery App.
I think it depends on a school how they prepare you. Some schools have a really good record for passing % for the NBDE and some do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user