This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoughtsInChaos

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am fortunate enough to have been accepted to both of these institutions, and I had a small list of questions.

1. Board Preparation/USMLE: How active is each school's administration and curriculum in preparing students for the boards.

2. Match Lists and Future: I am from California, and I've heard from many residents/MS3-4s that if I would be interested in coming back to the West Coast (which I am), it would be preferable for me to go to AZCOM.

For someone who would like to obtain a residency in CA as well as one that is either in EM or surgery; potentially wanting to specialize, would going to a school that has 'better' rotation sites be a significant difference? I want to ensure that I obtain as much exposure as possible through my rotations, especially during electives.

3. Quality of Clinical Rotations: With reference to #2, can anyone comment on the differences between these and how significant of a difference that there may be between these two schools?

I understand that for AZCOM, there is a good chance I can do my 3rd/4th year rotations in the LA area and this would be very close to home and be helpful with regards to my rent and expenses; any comments on this as well?

I appreciate all and any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.