Away rotations that guarantee interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ESTJ245

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know of any programs that guarantee interviews to those who did away rotations there as long as those applicants don't have red flags?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would not let a guaranteed interview decide where I rotated. You have no idea if you are truly under consideration if the interview is guaranteed. If the people in the program that you work with really like you, you are going to increase your chances of getting an interview and matching regardless of their "guaranteed interview" policy.

Reactions: 3 users
Agree with above. I had interviews at both of my Aways but unfortunately still didn't get in. Just go where you are truly interested.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I might even prefer an away where they don't guarantee an interview. They'll still interview you if they're interested and at least they won't waste your time if they're not. Nothing worse than a courtesy interview.

Reactions: 1 users
- Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
- Go on, I'm listening.
- Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
- Yeah, makes a man feel good.
-' Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
- What's your point?
- The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Buildin' model airplanes!" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times.

...sorry couldn't help myself, but agree with everyone above

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users