Awards/Grants for pathology residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyBookWorm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The program I am at does not have many award opportunists for residents. Are there national awards I can compete for?

Thanks.
HBW

Members don't see this ad.

The program I am at does not have many award opportunists for residents. Are there national awards I can compete for?

Thanks.
HBW

Do research and get published. Submit your posters, abstracts, and papers for consideration at national meetings and pathology conventions. There's no award for simply being a good resident, other than getting good recommendations and landing a good job.

Yes,
The CAP foundation offers (or has in the past) a resident research grant. There is also the opportunity to become a CAP scholar (although you may need to be completing fellowship). Similar opportunities can be available form other agencies including the AMA, ASCO, and many others. If you have significant research, you can also apply for independent foundation grants (there are many) that may focus on your area of interest, as well as the NIH or NSF. The latter two provide the most funds but are the most difficult to get.

Thank you for the reply. I am interested in research. I have published 8 papers in last 2 1/2 years. I did a research fellowship prior to starting residency. So I want to continue with my efforts. Hopefully I will be able to participate in the next grant cycle. Molecular projects tend to cost a lot especially if you are looking for decent sample size. Again thank you.