Avoiding the same fate as emergency medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All politicians are bought and paid for. Period. We need to eliminate this, create term limits of 2 years in the senate 2 years in the house and you are out. Curtail the lobbyists influence significantly and you may start to see some semblance of fairness. We have the answers to solve all of our problems, the stakeholders will buy whomever(politicians) and spend whatever to get things slanted in their favor. How does the little guy stand a chance?

Anyone who thinks corporations buy mostly republican.. Think again.

Well republicans are the ones who opened the floodgates to corporate influence because, at the time, they thought it would work to their advantage. Now they whine about the same corporate influence because, like the rest of society, many of the corporations got woke.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Well republicans are the ones who opened the floodgates to corporate influence because, at the time, they thought it would work to their advantage. Now they whine about the same corporate influence because like the rest of society, many of the corporations got woke.
I would also add that corporations are simply reacting to market forces. They realize that the current societal issues facing our country are becoming a real existential threat to their business and the country as a whole. While I am sure Friedman would object to corporations speaking up (see below), this recent change in the corporate world is fitting with everything the libertarians espouse. I am of the opinion that many “libertarians” are simply conservatives who have kid themselves into believing they are libertarian.

Reactions: 2 users
Is this an AMC? Or a private group? And how did you get it? Just curious for all the rest of us without the proper connections to all these sweet jobs.
Not for profit hospital system (hospital employed). Bread & butter cases, no trauma/transplant/sick patients, 1:10 home call. 8 weeks vacation. 50/50 solo cases/supervising CRNAs (max 1:3 supervision)

$520k base, 5% profit sharing but this is likely on hold for a few years due to COVID, plus the usual benefits package (so closer to 600k total).

It’s a sweet gig but the trade off is you have to live in small town upstate NY.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not for profit hospital system (hospital employed). Bread & butter cases, no trauma/transplant/sick patients, 1:10 home call. 8 weeks vacation. 50/50 solo cases/supervising CRNAs (max 1:3 supervision)

$520k base, 5% profit sharing but this is likely on hold for a few years due to COVID, plus the usual benefits package (so closer to 600k total).

It’s a sweet gig but the trade off is you have to live in small town upstate NY.
As long as it ain't that crappy "greatest city in the world" NYC.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sounds sweet. One in ten is great. Downside is the weather and taxes.

Reactions: 1 user
And culture, and schools, and small town politics, and lack of good shopping, and distance to a decent airport...
Actually I live in a college town so there is lots of culture, dining, bars, and restaurants. I have an international airport within 15 mins. In fact upstate has been a small oasis from COVID so things are quite open and there is lots to do.
But I should feel fortunate that people don’t know about this, and have the misconceptions that you may have. Keeps sweet jobs like this a secret.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users