Avoid Travelweb!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chirurgino

A pound of flesh
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fellow residency applicants--as you make hotel reservations AVOID travelweb.com and associated sites if you may need flexibility--I had to cancel a hotel reservation because of an interview switch and I lost ALL my money because of some fine print, even though it was more than a month away!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I just had this problem too and I booked directly on the Day's Inn website and still couldn't change it. If you think you may need to change your plans, call to make a reservation. From what I can tell, most internet reservations are not able to be cancelled or changed. You might have to pay a few bucks more per night, but flexibility is a nice thing :)

I got a hotel from hotels.com, and decided to change it because the program offered to put me up in a much nicer place. Hotels.com tells me that the fee is nonrefundable ($170) for my hotel, so I simply called the hotel itself to decline my reservation, and they didn't charge me a thing.

I bought a $233 plane ticket from priceline, and had to cancel it the next day. Called the customer service number on my itinerary and got everything back minus $5, but it was within 24/hrs of the purchase, and I think it depended on the airline, but you should try calling them.