Aviation vs Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clearsky24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that some pilots are looking to switch to the medical field. Why is that? Is it mainly because of the instability of the aviation industry, job security, etc? Is it because the passion is lost? Because the salary isn't what it use to be? Because your passion is in the medical field and/or ability to help people? I am curious as to what your REAL reasons are? For someone who started their aviation degree just days before 9/11 I am too familiar with those thinking of trying something else. For those that are now in the medical field who were in the aviation industry how has the change been?

Members don't see this ad.

I have noticed that some pilots are looking to switch to the medical field. Why is that? Is it mainly because of the instability of the aviation industry, job security, etc? Is it because the passion is lost? Because the salary isn't what it use to be? Because your passion is in the medical field and/or ability to help people? I am curious as to what your REAL reasons are? For someone who started their aviation degree just days before 9/11 I am too familiar with those thinking of trying something else. For those that are now in the medical field who were in the aviation industry how has the change been?

Do a search this has been answered at least 20 or 30 times!

:smuggrin: