Average stats on people who get into TOP NYC -NYU or Columbia's MHC programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiji7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of applying to different grad programs in the New York City area and am curious to know what the average statistics are for those getting into the "top" schools such as NYU or Columbia, or even Fordham, CUNY, Manhattan College..etc

On NYU's site they state that about 40 people get accepted. That's a low number and I am curious where people stand in these coveted programs.

Maybe some ugrad GPA stats, but anything would be helpful as I am VERY interested in NYU.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the process of applying to different grad programs in the New York City area and am curious to know what the average statistics are for those getting into the "top" schools such as NYU or Columbia, or even Fordham, CUNY, Manhattan College..etc

On NYU's site they state that about 40 people get accepted. That's a low number and I am curious where people stand in these coveted programs.

Maybe some ugrad GPA stats, but anything would be helpful as I am VERY interested in NYU.

Thanks in advance.

I just applied to the MHC program at NYU about a month ago and you were right in mentioning only 40 people getting in b/c i remember reading that myself. Acceptance rates for top notch schools aren't very high. I read somewhere NYU was about 37%. Places like CUNY are probably around 45-50%. It takes good qualifications and a little luck to get into to the top notch programs. Good luck with everything