Average STARTING income for anesthesiologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillyGoatGruff

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting medical school, and I'm interested in anesthesiology.

I was wondering, what is the average STARTING income for an anesthesiologist right out of residency? I'm not looking for the "average" income of anesthesiologists, rather, I just want a sense of what it's like, income-wise, as an anesthesiologist fresh out of residency.

Some of you who are approaching the end of your residencies, presumably, are looking for jobs now. What sort of salary numbers are you seeing?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting medical school, and I'm interested in anesthesiology.

I was wondering, what is the average STARTING income for an anesthesiologist right out of residency? I'm not looking for the "average" income of anesthesiologists, rather, I just want a sense of what it's like, income-wise, as an anesthesiologist fresh out of residency.

Some of you who are approaching the end of your residencies, presumably, are looking for jobs now. What sort of salary numbers are you seeing?

i read in a thread somewhere MMD mentioning that in about 4 years it's $80 bucks an hour; you're premed, so in 8 years about $40/hour. good luck.:luck:

though you'll have a hard time getting answers to your question, you have to keep in mind that if you do anesthesia, you will be at least 8 years away from finding out your potential starting salary and in that much time, who knows where things stand. The numbers I have read currently state anywhere from 250-300 with variance depending on location and PP vs academia. But take most of these with a grain of salt because a lot more goes into a good offer besides just $$$ i.e. benefits, malpractice coverage, etc. However I myself and quite a few number of years removed from being in that situation so even my comments may not be true - i'm sure there are threads dedicated to this question so you might be better off searching for them. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
OP-

These guys have given pretty benign responses to your question; often the "so how much can I make?" questions get peppered pretty hard 'round these parts.

Try browsing thru the FAQ, which are "stickyed" at the top of the Anesthesiology Forum - there are likely some posts there about money.

dc

i read in a thread somewhere MMD mentioning that in about 4 years it's $80 bucks an hour; you're premed, so in 8 years about $40/hour. good luck.:luck:

The Department of labor claims Acedemic anesthesia average $47.48 per hour so $40/hour may be a reasonable wage to expect. With the Democrats promising to socializes medicine I think salaries will only go down.

DOL OES survey for Anesthesiologists

Anesthesiologist Employment OES Salary summary

Offices of physicians
$86.89/hr $180,730/year

General medical and surgical hospitals
$68.13/hr $141,700/year

Outpatient care centers
$84.77/hr $176,310/year

Colleges and universities
$47.48/hr $98,760/year

Offices of other health practitioners
$71.14/hr $147,970/year

Last edited:
I can promise you those academic numbers quoted are not accurate. If you follow the link, there are a lot of blanks in that study. If you really want to know numbers, try and find the MGMA salary and benefits survey.

the Department Of Labor Claims Acedemic Anesthesia Average $47.48 per Hour So $40/hour May Be A Reasonable Wage To Expect. With The Democrats Promising To Socializes Medicine I Think Salaries Will Only Go Down.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This survey is paid for with your tax dollars and like everything the government does and says is based on the best available information.

It is not debatable whether responses to the DOL OES survey are representative of the wages and benefits paid for
Anesthesiologist. The response rate to the survey appears to be adequate. Nevertheless, there are no superior alternatives to
the DOL OES survey. However, for a variety of reasons, the OES survey is well-suited to the purpose of setting prevailing wage
rates. The OES survey includes wage information about all workers in Anesthesia. Using that information in setting prevailing
wage rates for Anesthesiologist would be appropriate since the skill levels of Anesthesiologist are similar and their
compensation rates are similar. The method used to calculate prevailing wage rates results in rates that are
representative of wages and benefits paid for Anesthesiologist.

This survey is paid for with your tax dollars and like everything the government does and says is based on the best available information.

It is not debatable whether responses to the DOL OES survey are representative of the wages and benefits paid for
Anesthesiologist. The response rate to the survey appears to be adequate. Nevertheless, there are no superior alternatives to
the DOL OES survey. However, for a variety of reasons, the OES survey is well-suited to the purpose of setting prevailing wage
rates. The OES survey includes wage information about all workers in Anesthesia. Using that information in setting prevailing
wage rates for Anesthesiologist would be appropriate since the skill levels of Anesthesiologist are similar and their
compensation rates are similar. The method used to calculate prevailing wage rates results in rates that are
representative of wages and benefits paid for Anesthesiologist.

Whatever, Dude.

I got through about half of the above mumbo jumbo then fell asleep.:lol:

The above B.S. reminds me of all the high fallutin' administrators with all their power point s hit that only contributes to the administrative goal of creating more paperwork and confusion to justify said administration's existence.

BTW, those numbers arent representative of anything close to accurate.

Time to modify the powerpoint presentation.:laugh:

Originally Posted by buckhorn

Offices of physicians
$86.89/hr $180,730/year

$68.13/hr $141,700/year

Outpatient care centers
$84.77/hr $176,310/year

$47.48/hr $98,760/year

$71.14/hr $147,970/year

this is a joke right....what the hell are you smoking...this is nowhere near accurate

I think more people put more stock in the MGMA survey than in your DOL OES study. It's relatively easy to get offers in the 250-300k range with 8+ weeks of vacation. You may be able to get more depending on your training and the location of the practice. Mille125 is right. Someone's smoking something and it must be some good s hit.

so the other day some guy I know tells me that on Jeaopardy they said that anesthesia is the highest paying medical profession! And then he was arguing with me that Jeopardy has to be right!!

As soon as someone starts saying how something must be "the best" simply because the gov't did it, I tune out. Please. Those guys can't even get roads right.

Members don't see this ad :)
As soon as someone starts saying how something must be "the best" simply because the gov't did it, I tune out. Please. Those guys can't even get roads right.

:laugh::laugh:so true:laugh::laugh:

Whatever, Dude.

I got through about half of the above mumbo jumbo then fell asleep.:lol:

The above B.S. reminds me of all the high fallutin' administrators with all their power point s hit that only contributes to the administrative goal of creating more paperwork and confusion to justify said administration's existence.

BTW, those numbers arent representative of anything close to accurate.

Time to modify the powerpoint presentation.:laugh:

:clap:

-copro

Originally Posted by buckhorn

Offices of physicians
$86.89/hr $180,730/year

$68.13/hr $141,700/year

Outpatient care centers
$84.77/hr $176,310/year

$47.48/hr $98,760/year

$71.14/hr $147,970/year

this is a joke right....what the hell are you smoking...this is nowhere near accurate

I get a lot disdain every time I put up the DOL OES wage survey but if Obama gets elected. We will not get calls from recruiters about jobs paying 90% of MGMA but will have the choice of working at a VA style medical center at the DOL OES wage scale or leaving medicine altogether.

This is what the government thinks we are paid and how much they are willing to pay government anesthesiologists employees. When socialized medicine is forced upon us salaries will only go down.

Worst case scenario, IMHO, would be everyone becoming a de facto government employee .... which leads us to the current US government physician payscale for the VA, federal Bureau of Prisons, Defense Department civilians, Indian Health service, etc.

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/jobsearch.asp?q=Veterans&jbf574=&lid=&jbf522=&fn=4379&fn=10954&salmin=&salmax=&paygrademin=&paygrademax=&FedEmp=Y&tm=&sort=rv&vw=b&ss=0&brd=3876&FedPub=Y&caller=%2Fagency_search.asp&SUBMIT1.x=35&SUBMIT1.y=12

Here's an example from the above URL: Anesthesiologist (Pain Management)
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration US-IL-Danville 143,000.00+

Even more ridiculous: Orthopedic (Hand) Physician
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration US-CA-Los Angeles County 93,000.00+

If you re-filter the above URL by decreasing salary, here's the number one listing (highest salary):
Physician (Anesthesiologist)
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration US-RI-Providence 270,000.00+

Last edited:
I hope I'm not the only one who would go postal having to pay the government 200k in loans w/ compounding interest while working for the government at $40/hour.

dude a hot chick bartender can make more than $40/hour.

I hope I'm not the only one who would go postal having to pay the government 200k in loans w/ compounding interest while working for the government at $40/hour.

dude a hot chick bartender can make more than $40/hour.

A hot chick bartender can probably make over $100/hour, especially if the drinks are expensive

So, otho, you're listed as an attending, so you should know what an anesthesiologist makes. You're putting a lot of stock in the DOL OES data. Is the DOL OES data consistent with what you make? If it is, then you're underpaid. If not, then perhaps you should stop propagating a myth.

There are several attendings, myself included, who without revealing specific numbers, have said the data is way off. That seems to imply that we're making more than that. All of the jobs I looked at, both academic and private, make more than that. My partners are making more than that. My buddies I trained with who are now elsewhere in PP are making more than that.

So, otho, how much are you making?

So, otho, you're listed as an attending, so you should know what an anesthesiologist makes. You're putting a lot of stock in the DOL OES data. Is the DOL OES data consistent with what you make? If it is, then you're underpaid. If not, then perhaps you should stop propagating a myth.

Yes I am an attending. Twice I have lost my job to an H-1B visa worker. Anesthesia is now considered a "Job no Americans are willing to do" and is a "shortage profession" we are freely replaceable by cheaper foreign visa labor.

The DOL OES salary survey is part of the problem since that is what private employers are required to pay foreign visa workers (H-1B's), The government , The VA in North Dakota just won a lawsuit allowing them to be exempt from paying foreign visa workers (H-1B's) at least 90% of the DOL OES salary survey.

We all know Obama has promised universal healthcare, which means in order to contain costs salaries will have to go down, since the government can't afford to pay the full bill for universal healthcare.

Unfortunately, most people have not figured out what McCain will do to healthcare. McCain the co-author of the McCain-Kennedy immigration amnesty bill, which opens the borders to anyone who wants to come and work in the USA. He wants to allow employers to lower the salary of everybody who has to work for a living to the DOL OES salary survey level.

From McCain's website;
PicExportError
Reform caps for H-1B visa program to rise and fall in response to market conditions. Reduce bureaucracy and waiting times for workers to arrive in the United States.
PicExportError
Increase available green card numbers to reflect employer and employee demand.
PicExportError
Extend the ability for H-1B visa holders to renew their H-1B status while waiting for their green card number to become available.

This show McCain wants no limits on the numbers of "guest" workers or foreign visa workers. Employers will simply have to complain that there is a shortage and the flood gate will open to a flood of cheaper foreign visa workers (H-1B's). Why pay full price for an American if you can get a visa worker for half as much? If the H-1B visa worker demands fair pay or fair working conditions the employer can fire him. If you or I get fired you can get another job, but the H-1B will lose his right to live in this country, this will make him "out of status" and he will have to leave the USA immediately or risk arrest and deportation. This makes Visa workers' more valuable than the Americans they replace; they are the indentured servant of the employer.

As a voter I don't know who will be worse for the county. McCain's RINO positions scare me but I fear Obama would be much worse .

Last edited:
Anesthesia is now considered a “Job no American are willing to do” and is a “shortage profession” we are freely replaceable by cheaper foreign visa labor.

WTF, I smell a troll.

Yes I am an attending. Twice I have lost my job to an H-1B visa worker. Anesthesia is now considered a "Job no American are willing to do" and is a "shortage profession" we are freely replaceable by cheaper foreign visa labor.

Yeah, OK Slim.

Thats so far outta the ballpark reality wise that I can't even muster a response except for
how troubling it is when someone propegates such erroneous information as truth.

Plus its 4am, OB has sucked the life outta me tonite, so I'm devoid of any humor to counter this B.S. with.

Last edited:
Yes I am an attending. Twice I have lost my job to an H-1B visa worker. Anesthesia is now considered a "Job no American are willing to do" and is a "shortage profession" we are freely replaceable by cheaper foreign visa labor.

The DOL OES salary survey part of the problem since that is what private employers are required to pay foreign visa workers (H-1B's), The government , The VA in North Dakota just won a lawsuit allowing them to be exempt for paying foreign visa workers (H-1B's) at least 90% of the DOL OES salary survey.

We all know Obama has promised universal healthcare, which means in order to contain costs salaries will have to go down, since the government can't afford to pay the full bill for universal healthcare.

Unfortunately, most people have not figured out what McCain will do to healthcare. McCain the co-author of the McCain-Kennedy immigration amnesty bill, which opens the borders to anyone who want to come and work in the USA. He wants to allow employers to lower the salary of everybody who has to work for a living to the DOL OES salary survey level.

From McCain's website;
PicExportError
Reform caps for H-1B visa program to rise and fall in response to market conditions. Reduce bureaucracy and waiting times for workers to arrive in the United States.
PicExportError
Increase available green card numbers to reflect employer and employee demand.
PicExportError
Extend the ability for H-1B visa holders to renew their H-1B status while waiting for their green card number to become available.

This show McCain wants no limits on the number of "guest" workers or foreign visa workers. Employers will simply have to complain that there is a shortage and the flood gate will open to a flood of cheaper foreign visa workers (H-1B's). Why pay full price for an American if you can get a visa worker for half as much? If the H-1B visa worker demands fair pay or fair working conditions the employer can fire him. If you or I get fired you can get another job, but the H-1B will lose his right to live in this country, this will make him "out of status" and he will have to leave the USA immediately or risk arrest and deportation. This makes Visa workers' more valuable than the Americans they replace; they are the indentured servant of the employer.

As a voter I don't know who will be worse for the county. McCain's RINO positions scare me but I fear Obama would be much worse .

Can't speak to the other, non-underlined, but McCain is a true Democrat masquerading as a Republican. It's pitiful that we have these two guys to choose from.

The Republicans need to get the message that we're through with empire/nation building. Let's get back to America First, reform the Immigration Act of 1965 so that we have a chance in hell of some reasonable level of assimilation into the historic and dominant culture of the U.S. (to some this very thought seems intolerant but it's NOT. In reality it's the most humane idea of all, because if we don't get a handle on uncontrolled immigration, we could very well see civil strife divided along racial lines. Not unlike what happens in prisons...) We don't want another Yugoslavia, where as soon as the government becomes weak (in our case this could happen if we don't shore up our national debt and inflation) things desintegrate along racial/cultural lines (and even in the former Yugo, it wasn't even geographic lines to begin with, even though it ended up that way.)

We need a solid fiscal and economic policy that favors workers over large multinational interests. That way, one of the major historical strengths and assets of the U.S., the middle economic class, will become strong again.

Yes I am an attending. ... Anesthesia is now considered a “Job no Americans are willing to do” ...
The DOL OES salary survey is part of the problem

... just won a lawsuit allowing them to be exempt for [from] paying foreign visa workers (H-1B’s) at least 90%

... opens the borders to anyone who wants to come and work in the USA.

This shows McCain wants no limits on the number of “guest” workers ....

Maybe they canned you because your patients remembered talking to tarzan.

Yeah, OK Slim.

... its 4am, OB has sucked the life outta me tonite, so I'm devoid of any humor to counter this B.S. with.

ok jetprop, I tried :hardy:

Can't speak to the other, non-underlined, but McCain is a true Democrat masquerading as a Republican.

McCain is a staunch supporter of Bush's tax cuts to the wealthy. He is as strongly anti-abortion as any presidential candidate has ever been. He wants to continue the war in Iraq at least as long as his term will last. He wants to drill anywhere and everywhere for oil and makes fun of those interested in alternative fuels and conservation. Whatever "maverick" tendencies he had in the past are long past and he has been nothing but a Republican party platform politician.

You may not think he passes muster as a conservative (which I find laughable!), but he could not be more UNLIKE a Democrat!

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing the figures that some of you are giving me.

$80 an hour doesn't sound right.

My older brother finished his ER residency and is STARTING at around $106 an hour....which, at 40hrs per week, I'm estimating is around $210k with vacations calculated in. And that's as part of a large group practice, which tends to pay less (but offers other benefits).

$80/hr for an anesthesiologist just sounds awfully low.

What amazes me is that no one, even with the anonymity afforded by the internet, is willing to provide hard numbers on their income.

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing the figures that some of you are giving me.

My older brother finished his ER residency and is STARTING at around $106 an hour....which, at 40hrs per week, I'm estimating is around $210k with vacations calculated in. And that's as part of a large group practice, which tends to pay less (but offers other benefits).

What amazes me is that no one, even with the anonymity afforded by the internet, is willing to provide hard numbers on their income.

Use the search function....there are tons of income/lifestyle related threads.

Use the search function....there are tons of income/lifestyle related threads.

The OP's question is slightly different than the common average salary question, since most of the lifestyle threads describe salaries of anesthesiologists who are already at least a few years in practice. Though I'm not a master of the search function, so there might be some threads just dealing with salary offers to residents too.

Ha....ahahaha....AHAHAHAHA I did it! First post in this forum. Whhhheeeewww not as rough as I thought it would be.

cut the guy some slack, the fact is, most of you guys thoroughly research lifestyle and money before choosing anesthesiology, don't tell me it's a "calling."

To the OP, there are several websites that lists average income. Some are more reputable than others. The bottom line is, anesthesiologist make a lot of money both starting out and established, it goes up and down in phases, but still always better salary and lifestyle than most other specialties out there. You can even look for sample job postings in your own region

Real Salary Data of H-1b Foreign Visa Workers from the DOL's Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) disclosure data. All These jobs are ones where it was determined that "no Americans is willing to do" the job. The employer is required to document that they tried to hire an Americans but no American worker could be found.

Private practice Real Salary data;

from; http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CaseH1B.aspx

"I-06221-2745401","Donald E. Wenner, M.D., F.A.C.S., P.C.","1600 S.E. Main, Suite F","","Roswell","NM","Anesthesiologist", $47.66,"Hour" (ie $95,320.00 per year)

"I-06150-2585311","Physicians Anesthesia of Sweetwater County","1200 College Drive","","Rock Springs","WY","Anesthesiologist"", $138481.00,"Year",

"I-06186-2674915","St. George Surgical Center, L.P.","676 SO. Bluff St.","","St. George","UT","Anesthesiologist", $150000.00,"Year",

"I-06188-2680611","Nashua Anesthesia Partners, PLLC","8 Prospect Street","","Nashua","NH","Anesthesiologist",$ 62.50,"Hour" "(ie $125,000.00 per year)

"I-05287-2081235","Coastal Plains Physician Associates","595 West Carolina Avenue","P. O. Box 988","Varnville","SC","Anesthesiologist", $140000.00,"Year",

"I-06202-2713221","Valley Internal Medicine and Pediatrics","2506 B Danville Road S.W. Suite 206","","Decatur","AL","Anesthesiologist", $170000.00,"Year"

"I-06230-2761457","Children's Hospital Corporation","300 Longwood Avenue","","Boston","MA","Assistant in Perioperative Anesthesia", $163800.00,"Year",

"I-06234-2765817","Springfield Anesthesia Service","759 Chestnut Street","","Springfield","MA","Anesthesiologist", $170000.00,"Year",

"I-06266-2818713","GUAM MEMORIAL HOSPITAL AUTHORITY","850 GOV. CARLOS CAMACHO ROAD","","TAMUNING","GU","ANESTHESIOLOGIST", $156000.00,"Year",

"I-06269-2823545","Harris Anesthesia Associates, P.C.","Catskill Regional Medical Center","68 Harris Bushville Road","Harris","NY","Anesthesiologist", $188594.00,"Year",

"I-05293-2090565","Southern Virginia Regional Medical Center","727 N. Main Street","","Emporia","VA","Director of Anesthesia, Anesthesiologist", $193898.00,"Year",

"I-05362-2178521","Lakewood Anesthesia Associates, Inc.","20220 Center Ridge Road","Suite 170","Rocky River","OH","Anesthesiologist Assistant", $95000.00,"Year",

"I-06009-2193279","Community Anesthesia Providers","1180 East Shaw #101","","Fresno","CA","Anesthesiologist"," $178110.00,"Year",

"I-06040-2241721","Anesthesiology Associates of Eastern CT, P.C.","953 Main Street","Suite 212","Manchester","CT","Anesthesiologist"," $180000.00,"Year",

"I-06075-2302829","United Anesthesia Associates, PA","3117 Overbrook Circle","","North Little Rock","AR","Anesthesiologist", $190000.00,"Year",

"I-06090-2340333","Northern Rhode Island Anesthesia Associates, PC","42 Hemingway Drive","","East Providence","RI","Physician - Anesthesiology & Pain Mgmt."," $180000.00,"Year",

"I-06123-2470969","Haverford Anesthesia Associates, P.C.","2010 Old West Chester Pike","Suite 330","Havertown","PA","Staff Anesthesiologist"," $200000.00,"Year",

"I-06192-2686201","Anesthesia Services, P.C.","744 West Michigan Avenue","","Jackson","MI","Anesthesiologist"," $80.00,"Hour",

"I-06255-2796947","Russellville Hospital LLC","15155 Highway 43","PO Box 1089","Russellville","AL","Anesthesiologist"," $196352.00,"Year",

"I-05292-2089285","InterWest Anesthesia Associates, LLC","2380 N. 400 East","","Logan","UT",","Physician"," $125000.00,"Year",

"I-06003-2184477","Baycare Anesthesia Associates, LLC","7050 Gall Boulevard","","Zephyrhills","FL","Anesthesiologist"," $131477.00,"Year",

"I-05308-2110717","Division Anesthesia P.C.","2233 W. Division Street","","Chicago","IL","Anesthesiologist"," $160000.00,"Year",

"I-06003-2184885","Glen D. Hurlston, M.D., APMC","1020 Fertitta Blvd.","","Leesville","LA","ANESTHESIOLOGIST"," $140000.00,"Year",

"I-06009-2192359","MEDICAL ANESTHESIOLOGY CONSULTANTS CORP.","326 NICHOLS RD, SUITE 16","","FITCHBURG","MA","ANESTHESIOLOGIST"," $154960.00,"Year",

"I-06158-2616723","Augusta Medical Center","78 Medical Center Drive","PO Box 1000","Fishersville","VA","Physician-Anesthesiologist"," $160000.00,"Year",

"I-06163-2626975","Park Slope Anesthesia Associates","506 Sixth Street","","Brooklyn","NY","Anesthesiology Attending"," $185000.00,"Year"

"I-06165-2634779","Sheridan Healthcorp, Inc.","1613 N. Harrison Parkway, Suite 200","","Sunrise","FL","Anesthesiologist"," $200000.00,"Year"

"I-06177-2657143","Woodland Anesthesiology Associates, P.C.","114 Woodland Street","","Hartford","CT","Anesthesiolgoist"," $160000.00,"Year"

"I-06177-2657609","Hospital Development Corp dba Roane Gen Hosp","200 Hospital Dr","","Spencer","WV","Anesthesiologist"," $167500.00,"Year"

Last edited:
Real Salary Data of H-1b Foreign Visa Workers from the DOL’s Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) disclosure data. All These jobs are ones where it was determined that “no Americans is willing to do” the job. The employer is required to document that they tried to hire an Americans but no American worker could be found.

Private practice Real Salary data;

from; http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CaseH1B.aspx

"I-06221-2745401","Donald E. Wenner, M.D., F.A.C.S., P.C.","1600 S.E. Main, Suite F","","Roswell","NM","Anesthesiologist", $47.66,"Hour" (ie $95,320.00 per year)

“I-06150-2585311","Physicians Anesthesia of Sweetwater County","1200 College Drive","","Rock Springs","WY","Anesthesiologist"", $138481.00,"Year",

"I-06186-2674915","St. George Surgical Center, L.P.","676 SO. Bluff St.","","St. George","UT","Anesthesiologist", $150000.00,"Year",

"I-06188-2680611","Nashua Anesthesia Partners, PLLC","8 Prospect Street","","Nashua","NH","Anesthesiologist",$ 62.50,"Hour" "(ie $125,000.00 per year)

"I-05287-2081235","Coastal Plains Physician Associates","595 West Carolina Avenue","P. O. Box 988","Varnville","SC","Anesthesiologist", $140000.00,"Year",

"I-06202-2713221","Valley Internal Medicine and Pediatrics","2506 B Danville Road S.W. Suite 206","","Decatur","AL","Anesthesiologist", $170000.00,"Year"

"I-06230-2761457","Children's Hospital Corporation","300 Longwood Avenue","","Boston","MA","Assistant in Perioperative Anesthesia", $163800.00,"Year",

"I-06234-2765817","Springfield Anesthesia Service","759 Chestnut Street","","Springfield","MA","Anesthesiologist", $170000.00,"Year",

"I-06266-2818713","GUAM MEMORIAL HOSPITAL AUTHORITY","850 GOV. CARLOS CAMACHO ROAD","","TAMUNING","GU","ANESTHESIOLOGIST", $156000.00,"Year",

"I-06269-2823545","Harris Anesthesia Associates, P.C.","Catskill Regional Medical Center","68 Harris Bushville Road","Harris","NY","Anesthesiologist", $188594.00,"Year",

"I-05293-2090565","Southern Virginia Regional Medical Center","727 N. Main Street","","Emporia","VA","Director of Anesthesia, Anesthesiologist", $193898.00,"Year",

"I-05362-2178521","Lakewood Anesthesia Associates, Inc.","20220 Center Ridge Road","Suite 170","Rocky River","OH","Anesthesiologist Assistant", $95000.00,"Year",

"I-06009-2193279","Community Anesthesia Providers","1180 East Shaw #101","","Fresno","CA","Anesthesiologist"," $178110.00,"Year",

"I-06040-2241721","Anesthesiology Associates of Eastern CT, P.C.","953 Main Street","Suite 212","Manchester","CT","Anesthesiologist"," $180000.00,"Year",

"I-06075-2302829","United Anesthesia Associates, PA","3117 Overbrook Circle","","North Little Rock","AR","Anesthesiologist", $190000.00,"Year",

"I-06090-2340333","Northern Rhode Island Anesthesia Associates, PC","42 Hemingway Drive","","East Providence","RI","Physician - Anesthesiology & Pain Mgmt."," $180000.00,"Year",

"I-06123-2470969","Haverford Anesthesia Associates, P.C.","2010 Old West Chester Pike","Suite 330","Havertown","PA","Staff Anesthesiologist"," $200000.00,"Year",

"I-06192-2686201","Anesthesia Services, P.C.","744 West Michigan Avenue","","Jackson","MI","Anesthesiologist"," $80.00,"Hour",

"I-06255-2796947","Russellville Hospital LLC","15155 Highway 43","PO Box 1089","Russellville","AL","Anesthesiologist"," $196352.00,"Year",

"I-05292-2089285","InterWest Anesthesia Associates, LLC","2380 N. 400 East","","Logan","UT",","Physician"," $125000.00,"Year",

"I-06003-2184477","Baycare Anesthesia Associates, LLC","7050 Gall Boulevard","","Zephyrhills","FL","Anesthesiologist"," $131477.00,"Year",

"I-05308-2110717","Division Anesthesia P.C.","2233 W. Division Street","","Chicago","IL","Anesthesiologist"," $160000.00,"Year",

"I-06003-2184885","Glen D. Hurlston, M.D., APMC","1020 Fertitta Blvd.","","Leesville","LA","ANESTHESIOLOGIST"," $140000.00,"Year",

"I-06009-2192359","MEDICAL ANESTHESIOLOGY CONSULTANTS CORP.","326 NICHOLS RD, SUITE 16","","FITCHBURG","MA","ANESTHESIOLOGIST"," $154960.00,"Year",

"I-06158-2616723","Augusta Medical Center","78 Medical Center Drive","PO Box 1000","Fishersville","VA","Physician-Anesthesiologist"," $160000.00,"Year",

"I-06163-2626975","Park Slope Anesthesia Associates","506 Sixth Street","","Brooklyn","NY","Anesthesiology Attending"," $185000.00,"Year"

"I-06165-2634779","Sheridan Healthcorp, Inc.","1613 N. Harrison Parkway, Suite 200","","Sunrise","FL","Anesthesiologist"," $200000.00,"Year"

"I-06177-2657143","Woodland Anesthesiology Associates, P.C.","114 Woodland Street","","Hartford","CT","Anesthesiolgoist"," $160000.00,"Year"

"I-06177-2657609","Hospital Development Corp dba Roane Gen Hosp","200 Hospital Dr","","Spencer","WV","Anesthesiologist"," $167500.00,"Year"

Hey otho, I think you misunderstood the OP's question, he asked for the average starting salary, not for the salary at the worst crapholes that no one wanted to work.

Billy,

You and the other Medical Students/Residents should join the Private Forum. I can answer many questions for you on $$$, specialties, CRNA income, etc.

You would be suprised to learn the facts in the private practice world.

Blade

Forgive the ignorance, but what is the private forum and how do you join? Thanks.

PM Sleep is Good for more info. I can give the real facts about private practice income for all specialties plus a lot, lot more. IN addition, you get to read my rants about the "evil" AANA Empire.:)

Hi there,

How does one join a private forum. I am currently a first year prelim medicine resident.

Kitsens

Can't speak to the other, non-underlined, but McCain is a true Democrat masquerading as a Republican. It's pitiful that we have these two guys to choose from.

The Republicans need to get the message that we're through with empire/nation building. Let's get back to America First, reform the Immigration Act of 1965 so that we have a chance in hell of some reasonable level of assimilation into the historic and dominant culture of the U.S. (to some this very thought seems intolerant but it's NOT. In reality it's the most humane idea of all, because if we don't get a handle on uncontrolled immigration, we could very well see civil strife divided along racial lines. Not unlike what happens in prisons...) We don't want another Yugoslavia, where as soon as the government becomes weak (in our case this could happen if we don't shore up our national debt and inflation) things desintegrate along racial/cultural lines (and even in the former Yugo, it wasn't even geographic lines to begin with, even though it ended up that way.)

We need a solid fiscal and economic policy that favors workers over large multinational interests. That way, one of the major historical strengths and assets of the U.S., the middle economic class, will become strong again.

It's too bad Fox News decided that Ron Paul would be bad for America and smeared the guy all primary season, we might have been able to save this country. :rolleyes:

I'd rather make peanuts doing something kick-azz like anesthesia as opposed to refilling Lipitor and Avandia all day long or diagnosing ANOTHER case of otitis media in PC... if the ship goes down because of socialized medicine then I'm at least going to enjoy the ride.