average pcat score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asianbabigrl87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is an average pcat score?? whenever i ask my friends about their score and they said they got an average grade which i always assume to be around 70%. but when i talk to my pre-pharmacy advisor he says that a 70% is good? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe they are too embarassed to give their PCAT scores so that's why they just say average?:confused: I would consider 70 to be a little bit low, but it could depend on the schools that you are applying to.

what is an average pcat score?? whenever i ask my friends about their score and they said they got an average grade which i always assume to be around 70%. but when i talk to my pre-pharmacy advisor he says that a 70% is good? :confused:
Hmm... if you are talking percentile, average PCAT will "perhaps" be 50%??? Can you be more specific in what you are trying to ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
This table
http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/ForDeans/7828_PCAT0506.pdf
has a lot of good info about average scores.
It looks like the average score is around 70 for people that are accepted. The OVERALL average is closer to 50, which makes sense b/c theoretically the average score should be 50th percentile.
The data is pretty recent too. Hope it helps!

actually 49-50 % isnt "by definition" the average. there is a difference between average and a percentile.... percentile means you scored better than "x" amount of everyone else. it has nothing to do with the "average"