Average GPA, Gap year, Post Bacc vs Clinical Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beluga1326

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm finishing up senior year and I'm debating what to do during my gap year(s).
I am graduating with expected cGPA 3.66 and sGPA 3.58 on the AMCAS/TMDSAS scale. I did have a rough semester my sophomore year and got a C in ochem 1, but after that, it's been an upward trajectory and I have gotten A's on all my upper div science classes. My GPA is about average and sGPA is below average, so that is why I am considering getting a post bacc. The deadline is fast approaching and I'm unsure what my best option is.

I have the option of working as a MA at a PCP office as well. I did post a thread previously where people said a post bacc might not be necessary for me - which in that case, would it be recommended to take more science classes - possibly more rigorous classes like Physiology or retake Organic Chemistry?
I am planning to retake my MCAT in June and get 510+. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.