Average debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

janjanbureh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, what is the average debt amount of a Pharmacist?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live with parents. I still have about 60k debt.

Depends... among people I know, as little as no debt and as much as 250K... did you take 6 years? 8 years? longer? did you go in-state or out-of-state? maybe private? for both, or just for pharmacy school? did you get scholarships? did you pay something out of pocket vs. just financing with loans? Too many variables. I would say average is about 80K for in-state, about 150K for private, but it's just my gut instinct, not real stats...

Depends... among people I know, as little as no debt and as much as 250K... did you take 6 years? 8 years? longer? did you go in-state or out-of-state? maybe private? for both, or just for pharmacy school? did you get scholarships? did you pay something out of pocket vs. just financing with loans? Too many variables. I would say average is about 80K for in-state, about 150K for private, but it's just my gut instinct, not real stats...

About 50K for in-state at UB. Good value.

150K, which includes undergrad loans. No credit card debts, though.

wow thats good. i think im looking at around 160k..but i did my undergrad+grad and im going to start pharmacy at the age of 21. ughh.

Instate, 4 years undergrad & 4 years Pharmacy School: probably right around 90k-100k

I will owe ~105k. That's with my undergrad degree, too.

Thank goodness I got married & have my husband to help...or it would be much much worse.

California private : minimum $120,000
California public : minimum $80,000
(does not include living expenses)

ya that seems about right...but that does not include interest right??
When I calculated what I'd owe for a 100k loan, it ended up being 138k w/interest! :eek:

ya that seems about right...but that does not include interest right??
When I calculated what I'd owe for a 100k loan, it ended up being 138k w/interest! :eek:

lol, just wait til you buy a house and see how much you'll pay in interest over 20-30 years, lol.

These are amazing statistic, but through hard work and dedication, it will eventually pay-off.