This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck with interviews tomorrow!! You guys are gonna rock it! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How did everyone's interviews go yesterday? I really loved the campus and my interviewers were awesome.

Reactions: 1 users
How did everyone's interviews go yesterday? I really loved the campus and my interviewers were awesome.
I absolutely loved the campus & the whole vibe of the school! My student ambassador was really sweet & informative, and my interviewers were really nice & not stressful at all! I quite enjoyed the day :cat: hopefully things turn out well, we can only wait now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was asked general questions about my experience as well as what the role of a veterinarian is on a global scale. Loved the tour but don't feel like my interview went that well, I was so nervous!

I was asked mostly questions about my clinic experience and a lot of questions on workplace relationships & conflict. They were very interested in my wildlife experience too. It definitely felt more like a conversation than an interview, I think it went well but of course there’s no way to know for sure!

@feligointhewild :hello: totally didn't make the connection until now! 90% sure we were in the same group? If I'm right it was great meeting you!

I was asked general questions about my experience as well as what the role of a veterinarian is on a global scale. Loved the tour but don't feel like my interview went that well, I was so nervous!

Echo the above! Pretty much just a conversation about my experience and what I think being a vet entails

Anyone else getting super nervous about hearing back in the next couple weeks, or just me ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup lol! The days could not be going by any slower. Hurry up June 15th!!!!

Yup lol! The days could not be going by any slower. Hurry up June 15th!!!!
Glad I’m not alone !! Right? Like hurry up but at the same time I’m so nervous for bad news I’m like maybe I need a little longer to prepare myself, but then again I’d rather just know!

Anyone else getting super nervous about hearing back in the next couple weeks, or just me ?

SAME! About 2 weeks left, and I'm getting more and more nervous by the day!!!!

Hoping we all have good news to share

SAME! About 2 weeks left, and I'm getting more and more nervous by the day!!!!

Hoping we all have good news to share
Same, hoping we all get good news!! I get nervous every time I get an email notification, even though it’s so early I know we won’t find out this soon haha

Very nervous here as well, but I’ve pretty much convinced myself it’s going to be a no so I’m trying to focus on improving my application next cycle instead of obsessing over the email. Hoping everyone has good news to share, though!

Very nervous here as well, but I’ve pretty much convinced myself it’s going to be a no so I’m trying to focus on improving my application next cycle instead of obsessing over the email. Hoping everyone has good news to share, though!
Same here! I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worst so I’m not too disappointed! It’s hard balancing being optimistic with not getting your hopes up. Fingers crossed for everyone !!

Everyone check your emails!
Got an email today that I'm on the waitlist... not what I was hoping for because the waiting has already been killing me, so really hoping there's enough declines that I can get in.

Got an email today that I'm on the waitlist... not what I was hoping for because the waiting has already been killing me, so really hoping there's enough declines that I can get in.

I got an email this morning but too scared to check. Who was your email from? Jack?

I got an email this morning but too scared to check. Who was your email from? Jack?

Congrats by the way !!! Waitlist is way better than a flat out rejection but can totally sympathize with it being hard to wait !

I got my acceptance letter! The email was from Sharon, but the letter from Jack. I can’t wait to meet you all in August!

I’m waitlisted ! Little disappointed I wasn’t accepted but so happy it wasn’t a flat out rejection ! Now more waiting ... lol

I’m waitlisted ! Little disappointed I wasn’t accepted but so happy it wasn’t a flat out rejection ! Now more waiting ... lol

I remember a few students mentioning they were going to defer to finish their undergrad, so keep hope!!! I heard at least 3 say it

Also waitlisted. Wish they’d tell us what spot we are on the list so we’d know how much of a chance we have.

I remember a few students mentioning they were going to defer to finish their undergrad, so keep hope!!! I heard at least 3 say it

Omg really ? That gives me hope then! Either way there’s always next year !!

Also waitlisted. Wish they’d tell us what spot we are on the list so we’d know how much of a chance we have.

Same here! I’ll be in PEI for school anyway to upgrade a few of my credits so it’s not a huge deal for me but I can’t imagine how hard it would be to find out the week before classes you got in and had to move to PEI that quick !! Super stressful.

I got my letter too today!! So excited to meet you all soon!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys I just wanted to provide some comfort to those of you on the waitlist. I contacted Jack and he notified me that there are 4 alternates on the NB waitlist (I know a few of you on here are from NB as well as me). He said there is almost always 1 deferral (among all 4 provinces) and there has been as many as 7 deferrals in one year and as many as 4 from 1 province. He also said the majority of the alternates offered a seat occurs before July 15th (as that is the deadline for the deposit). Hope this helps some of you a little bit :)

Hi guys I just wanted to provide some comfort to those of you on the waitlist. I contacted Jack and he notified me that there are 4 alternates on the NB waitlist (I know a few of you on here are from NB as well as me). He said there is almost always 1 deferral (among all 4 provinces) and there has been as many as 7 deferrals in one year and as many as 4 from 1 province. He also said the majority of the alternates offered a seat occurs before July 15th (as that is the deadline for the deposit). Hope this helps some of you a little bit :)

That makes me feel better. I'll have to email him and ask about Nova Scotia! Hoping for the best for all of us!!

Got my acceptance letter today!!! Can’t wait to meet everyone else this fall, & good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sure many of you emailed Jack today.. anyone have any valuable information to pass along? :p
I found out there's also 4 alternate seats on the NS list.

Quite disappointed by my feedback, not sure how/why I’m even on the alternate list, or where to go from here. :shrug:

I'm sure many of you emailed Jack today.. anyone have any valuable information to pass along? :p
I found out there's also 4 alternate seats on the NS list.

No valuable info here! Did good where I thought I did good and did below average where I suspected I was on the low end! Luckily next years applications addressed my grades since my last year was much better than my last full year they counted for this years cycle so I’m hopeful for next year!

Still don’t understand the personality test though how does one score well on that haha

Quite disappointed by my feedback, not sure how/why I’m even on the alternate list, or where to go from here. :shrug:

How come you are disappointed? Was there not the feedback you were anticipating?

How come you are disappointed? Was there not the feedback you were anticipating?

Slightly below average in all categories but 1. Also don’t understand how to score well on the personality test if we’re supposed to answer honestly.

Slightly below average in all categories but 1. Also don’t understand how to score well on the personality test if we’re supposed to answer honestly.

It’s frustrating for sure but keep in mind the 13 who got in from NB it’s the average of those people so below average still puts you in the range of acceptance, maybe just beneath someone else who got in! It is frustrating though for sure, so I can sympathize with how you feel !! I’m just trying to think about it as we were close enough to get on the waitlist so that means something !! And if you got below average on some sections that just gives you room to improve on next years cycle if we don’t get pulled off this year ! Now we atleast know what sections need improvement and where we don’t need improvement!

Yeah this is what is really frustrating me. I was told you should just answer honestly, not think too hard about your answers, and make sure you were being consistent. So I was in there for probably less than an hour, but the more I thought about it the worse I felt, and then was told I performed below average on it... so how am I supposed to work towards improving that?

Also if one were to retake courses... their admissions requirements are so specific, in my opinion to a fault. Like would I need to retake three courses in order to improve my grade for one? (Because courses need to be taken during a term with at least three courses), and other weird stipulations like you can't repeat courses... or take courses "too similar" to ones taken before. Gah.

I felt really good about my interview so was happy to find out I did above average on that, but I just wish that part had more weight than the WSAB.
Still have my fingers crossed for all of us!

Yeah this is what is really frustrating me. I was told you should just answer honestly, not think too hard about your answers, and make sure you were being consistent. So I was in there for probably less than an hour, but the more I thought about it the worse I felt, and then was told I performed below average on it... so how am I supposed to work towards improving that?

Also if one were to retake courses... their admissions requirements are so specific, in my opinion to a fault. Like would I need to retake three courses in order to improve my grade for one? (Because courses need to be taken during a term with at least three courses), and other weird stipulations like you can't repeat courses... or take courses "too similar" to ones taken before. Gah.

I felt really good about my interview so was happy to find out I did above average on that, but I just wish that part had more weight than the WSAB.
Still have my fingers crossed for all of us!

I feel the exact same way! I was in the test waaaay too long and overthought many of my answers which I know that’s why I did poorly on it. I’m the same with my interview I felt I did great and got above average on that so it was a relief.

As far as redoing courses it is very frustrating! I’m 26 and a lot of my first year courses expired for this years application cycle so I had to go back to school and redo my first year Chem, Bio, Stats and Calc. I also took a few upper year courses to knock out some old courses I didn’t do so well in the first time around that counted towards the 10 prerequisites. It was annoying but it brought my average up SIGNIFICANTLY, which is how I even managed to get an interview this year (this is my 4th time applying but my first interview).

I think the personality test is more an algorithm for those accepted that year (aka you need to fit well with the rest of the classmates, atleast that’s what I’ve heard) so it’s not an exact science on how to take it or how to answer since is changes a bit each year, which is why it’s so frustrating!

Sorry for this long winded post haha I am trying to remain hopeful but it’s hard to do! I actually spoke to one of my vets here in my home town and he was pulled off the waitlist his year, so that made me feel better !!

Fingers crossed for all of us, there’s still time! And if not maybe we will all be in the class of 2024 next year together !

Hey guys! I just heard that 2 of my colleagues got in off the waitlist. Since we are all in NS I’m guessing it’s the NS wait list so I don’t know about the other provinces, but I just wanna let you know that the lists seem to be moving :cat: fingers crossed for you all!

Hey guys! I just heard that 2 of my colleagues got in off the waitlist. Since we are all in NS I’m guessing it’s the NS wait list so I don’t know about the other provinces, but I just wanna let you know that the lists seem to be moving :cat: fingers crossed for you all!

Thank you so much for letting us know that! It definitely gives me more hope :) still have 2 weeks until final decisions need to be made so fingers crossed !!

Do you know if they just got an email with their acceptance letter or how it worked? I’m assuming if we get pulled off that’s all it is but just curious haha

Do you know if they just got an email with their acceptance letter or how it worked? I’m assuming if we get pulled off that’s all it is but just curious haha
From what they said, they got an email with an acceptance letter & that’s it!

Oh wow no way! So two people from NS already declined/deferred? Still didn't hear anything back so I must have been spot 3 or 4...

Oh wow no way! So two people from NS already declined/deferred? Still didn't hear anything back so I must have been spot 3 or 4...

It was definitely not NB waitlist, as I just emailed him and he said there was no movement so far on the NB list! I asked him if a lot of people defer early or late and he said a lot of people wait till around this time as they are still thinking over their options!

It was definitely not NB waitlist, as I just emailed him and he said there was no movement so far on the NB list! I asked him if a lot of people defer early or late and he said a lot of people wait till around this time as they are still thinking over their options!

I emailed him and he told me that only one person has been moved up from the NS waitlist.