available but not retrieved?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Su4n2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i submitted yesterday, and today this is what most of my programs say. does that mean that the program has not downloaded any info today? getting a little freaked...

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, means exactly that.
I submitted on the 2nd...I'd say about half of them have now retrieved my stuff...

i am getting kinda scared that enough people submitted on the 1st that they are not looking at more apps for now :(

haha, i highly doubt it...
It was long weekend, so I'm willing to bet most will download today or tomorrow.

I don't even think they'll start giving interviews until end of September or so...but who knows...

What'd you apply for anyway?

so i submitted yesterday, and today this is what most of my programs say. does that mean that the program has not downloaded any info today? getting a little freaked...

Some programs download twice monthly; some programs download weekly. It just depends on how many applications they got for review on their previous download and how fast they can review and process them. Most PDs have clinical duties and work on applications in bursts especially if the program gets tons of applications. Sometimes the Program Coordinator gets behind and the download rate slows.

In short, chill out. Your application will be downloaded. Programs will download up to their deadlines. After that, your application would sit there. If they downloaded a portion, and the deadline passes, they will automatically download the rest when it comes in.

njbmd:)

also note that "downloaded" does not mean it's being reviewed.

thanx guys, i guess i am just kicking myself for not doing it sept 1st.

Hmm, vish07 you say that half the programs didn't retrieve your stuff...
How is it possible that half did already?

I mean I submitted the same day and most of my stuff is not even uploaded to post office yet. The only thing that's available is my CAF.
I wonder how long it takes for the USMLE scores to be uploaded to ERAS...:confused:

I downloaded on the 1st. It took 2 days for all my stuff to get uploaded, including USMLE score. I would also say that about half of the programs I applied to have downloaded my stuff, and the other half havn't downloaded anything yet.

Hmm, vish07 you say that half the programs didn't retrieve your stuff...
How is it possible that half did already?

I mean I submitted the same day and most of my stuff is not even uploaded to post office yet. The only thing that's available is my CAF.
I wonder how long it takes for the USMLE scores to be uploaded to ERAS...:confused:

My Profile, CAF, and Personal Statement were uploaded to the Postoffice within a few hours on the 2nd. Still waiting on USMLE transcript though.
I'm not too worried...

And yeah, approximately half downloaded what I do have uploaded already. It probably just depends on the program and the specialty...