Auto Transport - Recent Advice / Experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

now2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I used Angels Moving Autos to go west coast --> east coast & would recommend them. Car was picked up about 2 days out of the "window" they gave me but they gave updates all along the way, cell # of the driver, and car got there in one piece, on the date quoted by the driver on the pick up day. The price was not the lowest quote but competitive.

could you give a ballpark #? how much did they charge?

I used passport auto transport to move my car my Pa to Tx. They were extremely careful with it, and it is an enclosed transport.

I believe now they are owned by Fedex.

http://www.passporttransport.com/

Cost was on the high side. Around 1000 bucks. It was a nicer car so it was worth it. I have heard horror stories of shady companies, who charge much less but you end up with more damage on car.

I used Autolog moving from NY to California and back. They usually use trains not trucks to transport the cars. The plus there is you can load up the trunk with your stuff.

Good luck with the move!

I had my ride shipped from Sarasota FL, to Buffalo NY.
Cost a smidge under $500.

used American Dream Transport.
http://americandreamtrucks.com/

They did a great job. And although I had the car shipped on an open truck, it wasn't terribly dirty, etc. Odometer was on point and the whole crew was completely professional.

Keep in mind that this is a parent company and they subcontract out to their subsidiaries....

I spoke with Bonnie on the phone. (Phone: 704-528-2314)

G'luck

Hey all! I wanted to post a follow-up. Since I've never used an auto carrier before, I was extremely skeptical and nervous but it was all fine in the end. I used a local carrier that a classmate referred me to. It cost around $800 and Sophia from all american auto transport was extremely helpful. Their trucks mainly go to and from Cali and AZ but she only charged a broker fee of $25 to find me another truck. Their phone numbers are 602-400-2222 and 818-572-6092. Normally, a broker fee is around $150. One of my friends used Angels Moving Autos and said they were reliable and she was able to ask the broker fee to be lowered to I think $50? Hope this helps SDN-ers in the future! :)

Last edited:
Actually, i shipped my car from richmond to phoenix through Xxxxx for a affordable price. You can do shipping reliably with door to door service with numerous satisfied customers.
The original poster has had over 6 years to move their car. I doubt they're looking for more input at this point.

Last edited by a moderator: