August PCAT scores report here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FixLittlePeople

Admitted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so how did you do? anyone else get their scores already?
i got:

verbal 55%
biology 96%
readin 67%
math 93%
chemistry 82%
composite 88%

writing 3.0 for both

so how did you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

Listen: I got 39% on the first Pcat because I did not study anything. Just took it to know what is it. I took Pcat on AUG and I got 80%. See? I only study for 2 weeks at this time. U can do it. Do not give up. Plus, English is my second language and just came to America for 4 years. I can do it, you can do it.

how the heck did u improve soooo much in 2 weeks???
plz tell me

im most upset about my bio score
the hartcourt test score for the bio both times i took it was 88% and 86% score...it was suppose to my best one...i studied like 3 weeks for it...all the practice exams.. i was getting high scores on the bio....i dont know what happend

i just gota work on the reading and verbal ...but bio im just sooooo sooo bumed out by...

I would take it in October, but I'd like to get a 99 on each section seeing how easy this test is supposed to be. Anything less is just a joke.

You're not serious, are you? I don't know who said it was easy... and you have to be kidding about anything less than a 99 being less than a joke. Unless your GPA is like a 0.5.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally Posted by socom
I would take it in October, but I'd like to get a 99 on each section seeing how easy this test is supposed to be. Anything less is just a joke.

Of course this person is gotta be joking...how can you make that comment and have a serious grasp about the PCAT or the commitment it takes to study for it. Anyone seriously considering applying to pharm school understands that your PCAT score is just one aspect of your application package. Even if you score a 99 and get an interview, with that immature attitude, they will laugh you home. Think about it.

how the heck did u improve soooo much in 2 weeks???
plz tell me

im most upset about my bio score
the hartcourt test score for the bio both times i took it was 88% and 86% score...it was suppose to my best one...i studied like 3 weeks for it...all the practice exams.. i was getting high scores on the bio....i dont know what happend

i just gota work on the reading and verbal ...but bio im just sooooo sooo bumed out by...

I hear you! When I took the harcourt practice exam 1 AND 2 my highest score was in biology. I also got high 80z on those two exams. So I stopped studying for biology and started focusing on chemistry because I was scoring lower on that. However, on the actual test my highest score is chemistry. I think I scored lower on the biology because of all the microbiology questions.

hey caliRX,

when i took the practice test #1 it just told me my scores were 75-99 or 51-75 and no exact score. Did u get an exact score?

WHich PCAT schools are u applying to?

thanks.

Verbal - 97
Biology - 90
Reading - 87
Quantitative - 87
Chemistry - 78

Composite - 93 Raw Scaled 430

Phew--I was really worried for a while and literally was going to do late registration for the October exam the very next day until I got that little Psychorp letter in the mail.

Well, I did much better than I thought, but I was gauging myself against the Kaplan practice tests. On the last one I took I scored a composite 462, which they told me was the 90th percentile. I was pretty sure I scored significantly lower on the actual PCAT, and I did, but it's weird that the percentile score was so different--not that I'm complaining. But, now I'm thinking maybe the people at Kaplan don't really have their stuff together to have such a large discrepancy between those scores and their relative percentiles in reality. Anyone else experience this?

I'm guessing I probably overanalyzed chemistry, since I remember thinking a lot of them were trick questions. When I looked on the forums though, everyone said chem was waaaay easy, so yeah, I probably thought I was being clever--obviously not the case.

The other thing I don't understand, and maybe someone can offer some insight on this, is that averaging out the relative percentiles of each category comes nowhere in sight close to a 93 percentile. Is verbal really weighted that heavily? Or, are the percentiles listed for each "category" percents of what was correct and not percentile rankings? Otherwise, unless they're employing super voodoo math schematics, I can't see how the magical Harcourt PCAT elves make my scores add up to a 93 percentile rank.

Congrats to everyone, even those who are retaking. At the very least, it's excellent practice for the next test (albeit expensive practice) and can help you formulate a game plan to attack your weak spots and fortify your strong areas.

Best to you all! :)

verbal ability 96
biology 78
reading comprehension 55
quantitative ability 96
chemistry 65
composite 89 (425)

oh man, these have got to be the weirdest breakdowns.
so much for being a biochem major... lol

You should retake it. I have known people who are rejected from Pharmacy school with 86% and 87% on the PCAT. You should strive for a 98% or a 99% on the PCAT if you are serious about going to Pharmacy school. I would retake the PCAT over and over again until I make a 86% or better. If one of your section is below a 70%, you should retake the whole PCAT exam over. If Pharmacy school is important to you, try scoring 80% or above on every five sections.

You should retake it. I have known people who are rejected from Pharmacy school with 86% and 87% on the PCAT. You should strive for a 98% or a 99% on the PCAT if you are serious about going to Pharmacy school. I would retake the PCAT over and over again until I make a 86% or better. If one of your section is below a 70%, you should retake the whole PCAT exam over. If Pharmacy school is important to you, try scoring 80% or above on every five sections.

It is hard dude. I got only 80% and 3.89 GPA so I think my school will accept me.

Originally Posted by socom

Of course this person is gotta be joking...how can you make that comment and have a serious grasp about the PCAT or the commitment it takes to study for it. Anyone seriously considering applying to pharm school understands that your PCAT score is just one aspect of your application package. Even if you score a 99 and get an interview, with that immature attitude, they will laugh you home. Think about it.

Kid, do you know what you’re talking about? It sounds like to me you’re still green behind the ears freshman who doesn’t know squat. First of all, you’ve probably never flipped open an MCAT book before in your life. I have used the MCAT book numerous times and PCAT takers do have it “easy”. We get away with some basic biology, no physics, and some easy nomenclature organic chem. Pre-med students have three times as much material to study as us. Second, I guess you haven’t noticed the people around this forum who have had commendable scores on their PCATs and those who have increased their scores dramatically in a short period of time. What is wrong with striving to be like them? Just because I have high standards doesn’t mean I’m immature. If I achieve this 99 on each section on a third attempt, this shows that I have the determination to and the basic knowledge to succeed in pharmacy school. Also, this perfect score will make up for my low GPA which is a 3.2. Other miscellaneous aspects such as the interview and extra curricular activities I have down without a problem.

Like PrePharmacyDude said, “You should strive for a 98% or a 99% on the PCAT if you are serious about going to Pharmacy school.”

So keep your childish musings to yourself. I have some serious studying to do.

hey caliRX,

when i took the practice test #1 it just told me my scores were 75-99 or 51-75 and no exact score. Did u get an exact score?

WHich PCAT schools are u applying to?

thanks.

No, I didn't get an exact score. I was referring to the number of questions I got right. My 80+% correct answers meant that I was scoring in the 75-99 percentile. I didn't even make that on the actual test:mad. Where am I applying? I'm not even sure if I am applying to pharmacy schools. I'm so glad I haven't paid for my supplemental yet.

Kid, do you know what you're talking about? It sounds like to me you're still green behind the ears freshman who doesn't know squat. First of all, you've probably never flipped open an MCAT book before in your life. I have used the MCAT book numerous times and PCAT takers do have it "easy". We get away with some basic biology, no physics, and some easy nomenclature organic chem. Pre-med students have three times as much material to study as us. Second, I guess you haven't noticed the people around this forum who have had commendable scores on their PCATs and those who have increased their scores dramatically in a short period of time. What is wrong with striving to be like them? Just because I have high standards doesn't mean I'm immature. If I achieve this 99 on each section on a third attempt, this shows that I have the determination to and the basic knowledge to succeed in pharmacy school. Also, this perfect score will make up for my low GPA which is a 3.2. Other miscellaneous aspects such as the interview and extra curricular activities I have down without a problem.

Like PrePharmacyDude said, "You should strive for a 98% or a 99% on the PCAT if you are serious about going to Pharmacy school."

So keep your childish musings to yourself. I have some serious studying to do.

lmao...you are funny. Striving and achieving are two different things. You don't need a 99 to get into pharm school. Yes I agree the MCAT is harder, which by the way has absolutely nothing to do with this thread so I don't know why you threw that in there. However, the PCAT is not a walk in the park for a lot of people, and doesn't mean they can't be good pharmacists.

I wasn't going to point this out, but you seem to think way too highly of yourself and this 99 PCAT.

Hmmm...you got a 76 on your PCAT. So does that makes you a joke? Sounds like the PCAT wasn't that easy for you either.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I achieve this 99 on each section on a third attempt, this shows that I have the determination to and the basic knowledge to succeed in pharmacy school.

So did you learn anything your first two times taking it? If it was that easy, how come you did not study the 'easy' nomenclature and breeze to a 99 % percentile on each subtest? :confused:

Like PrePharmacyDude said, "You should strive for a 98% or a 99% on the PCAT if you are serious about going to Pharmacy school."

Of course, there is no denying that one should aim high. Why settle for less? But if getting an 80% composite is what I can get, I'll take it! :thumbup:

Premeds & prepharms take the same core prerequisites. While premeds seem to study a lot harder, they do not necessarily know their science more than we do. PCAT has calculus and various math (statistics, word problems, vectors) and one must be very fast in solving problems. I may be wrong, but I do not think that one must really know verbal to take MCAT. Certainly the reading in the MCAT may be more in depth, but one can easily glean the meaning of a word given the sentence. For some schools, like UF, one of the top in the nation, physics is a prerequesite to even think of attending their program.

PCAT is no cake walk and to succeed, as in every exam, good preparation is key. For me, unfortunately, it was time management, more preparation for organic chemistry (unbelievably, there was less inorganic chemistry), and good review of verbal (although I'm not sure how this can be done) and very good time management on reading section. It seems like I'll have to peek at the question first and then search for the answer come OCT PCAT.

I want to go to UF, so I'm going to have to work very hard to break at least a composite of at least 80th percentile (competitive). Will I aim to get a 99%, absolutely. Will I mind if I get a high 70th percentile & up, of course not! They consider 70th percentile and up. By the way, I realize that there are other factors that come into play: personal statement, ECs, LORs, GPA, Interview, Leadership Skills, and a bunch of other minutiae. It is all a game! :smuggrin:

Aspiring PharmD for 2008
(UF, NOVA)

Trivia: To be a Gator or a Shark?

Ans: I need LUV from both schools! :)

socom, again, you obviously have no clue what goes into the "application game". the PCAT is only one aspect of your whole file. go ahead get a 99%, if tht'll make your day. but let me tell ya buddy, if you can't interview, tht 99% on the PCAT ain't gonna do you a whole lotta good, except may be some bragging rights on this forum...good luck kid

fenixtnlfan – first of all, please read AND understand EVERYTHING before instigating an argument, otherwise you risk giving people the impression you have a lower than average intelligence. That other guy made the comment that the PCAT wasn’t easy and I responded by saying that compared to the MCAT, the PCAT is easier. Secondly, I don’t think highly of myself, but I do think highly of a 99 on the PCAT and anyone else who can get that score or close to it. It’s not that hard to understand, but some people tend to be slower than others. You are right, getting a 76 does make me a joke, which is why I have to score a 99 or somewhere within a point or two. And yes, I do need a 99 to be able to get in. The avg. PCAT score for UGA and UF pharm schools are above 90. You do the math, son.

NewRx – I made a 83 for chem the first time I took the PCAT:

OCT. 2006 AUG. 2007
Reading 68 48
Chem 83 44
Verbal 80 79
Math 62 87
Bio 83 90

Pretty terrible, I would say, but I know my o-chem nomenclature pretty darn well; it’s the gen chem that I didn’t remember well. Like I said before, I was so angry that someone stole my sackpack while I took the exam, it bothered me the entire second half of the exam. It contained my cell phone, keys, my Track & Field sweatshirt I’ve had for six years, my history textbook which cost me $100, and my student ID.

You are right, WHY didn’t I get a 99 in each section? I’m a little confused myself. Everyone else seems to breeze by with 99s easily. If other people can do it, there is no reason I shouldn’t be able to as well.

I think Physics is a pre-req for most pharmacy schools in my area, so that’s a given. I was saying that we’re lucky enough that we don’t need to study for physics I & II along with the other subjects in the PCAT.

I see you’re also applying to UF. I wish you the best of luck.

FixLittlePeople, I think you underestimate the PCAT. MAJORITY of the deciding factor to be picked for an interview lies in the PCAT and your GPA. If one of those is low, you'd better overcompensate for the other. After you're picked, THEN they consider other factors such as extra curricular, LOR, and whatnot. Pharmacy schools won't even pick you for an interview if your PCAT and GPA are too low, much less glance at your LOR and extra curriculars.

fenixtnlfan – first of all, please read AND understand EVERYTHING before instigating an argument, otherwise you risk giving people the impression you have a lower than average intelligence. That other guy made the comment that the PCAT wasn't easy and I responded by saying that compared to the MCAT, the PCAT is easier. Secondly, I don't think highly of myself, but I do think highly of a 99 on the PCAT and anyone else who can get that score or close to it. It's not that hard to understand, but some people tend to be slower than others. You are right, getting a 76 does make me a joke, which is why I have to score a 99 or somewhere within a point or two. And yes, I do need a 99 to be able to get in. The avg. PCAT score for UGA and UF pharm schools are above 90. You do the math, son.

NewRx – I made a 83 for chem the first time I took the PCAT:

OCT. 2006 AUG. 2007
Reading 68 48
Chem 83 44
Verbal 80 79
Math 62 87
Bio 83 90

Pretty terrible, I would say, but I know my o-chem nomenclature pretty darn well; it's the gen chem that I didn't remember well. Like I said before, I was so angry that someone stole my sackpack while I took the exam, it bothered me the entire second half of the exam. It contained my cell phone, keys, my Track & Field sweatshirt I've had for six years, my history textbook which cost me $100, and my student ID.

You are right, WHY didn't I get a 99 in each section? I'm a little confused myself. Everyone else seems to breeze by with 99s easily. If other people can do it, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to as well.

I think Physics is a pre-req for most pharmacy schools in my area, so that's a given. I was saying that we're lucky enough that we don't need to study for physics I & II along with the other subjects in the PCAT.

I see you're also applying to UF. I wish you the best of luck.

I'm sorry that you lost your stuff doing the exam. I would have been bothered to. Did you ever get them back or is it wishful thinking?

So the first time around, you probably had a nice composite (even though it is not stellar). If the schools look at the highest PCAT, then you should have a chance with the OCT PCAT of 06. You see, it is ok to aim for 99%, but at some point, time is wasted if you must reapply every year. I don't know your last composite, did UF say it was to low? I know it is very competitive to get into UF, but I would have taken a chance if the rest of your application was outstanding.

The only thing standing in my way is the PCAT (and perhaps, organic 2 lab). In retrospect, I should have taken the June PCAT and learn from that as opposed to learning from the August PCAT. Now I've got two more chances (OCT & JANUARY) to impress.

NOTE: If I may be as bold, I intend to work hard to get into UF. I'll keep you posted!

Good luck to you this application cycle. I hope to see you next year or at White Coat ceremony!

ye, perhaphs at California schools. but i tell you, there are plenty of good schools, everywhere else in the country that are not as hard to get in. and i know for a fact that good PCAT scores and GPA's are jst a start when it comes to assessing your app. pkg. at one school i'm applying for instance, your PCAT score, GPA, LORs, extra cir's, and pharm experience are ALL used to rank you to see if you get an interview, THEN you have to worry about the interview. again, don't know how things go down in Cali, but I guess you better retake that PCAT.

got these a few days ago but they were at home. first score is from june and second score is august

Verbal: 68 / 87
Biology: 42 / 55
Reading: 83 / 92
Math: 76 / 81
Chemistry: 89 / 54 (i guess i was too cocky? it was much harder though)

Composite: 76 / 79

well im so happy i did better...but still not as good as i hoped. well hopefully i wont be taking it again but that depends if i get into school.

good luck to october takers

That remark is quite insensitive, dont you think?

NewRx - I never saw my stuff again. That was the WORST testing site I had ever been to in my entire life. The proctor didn't make it any easier. If fact, it was partially her fault I lost my stuff. I don't know anything about UF because I still haven't applied yet; I'm applying for the first time this year.

Thanks for the well wishing. I hope to see you at the white coat ceremony as well. Just out of curiosity, which state and which school are you in right now?

FixLittlePeople - Is it what it's like in the schools you're applying to? It's not the same here in Georgia. At UGA they use your PCAT and GPA first for the first round pick for interview. Then they look at the interviewee's other criteria. Good luck to you, too, man. I wish you the best of luck. There's a demand for good pharmacists right now and it's up to us to fill those spots.

Alby, my comment couldn’t be more insensitive than your crappy attitude. Who’s fault is it that you didn’t do well? Me? If you did you well, kudos to you. If not, perhaps it is you who might want to rethink your career.

Compassion won’t get you a good score on the PCAT. Hard work and determination will.

NewRx - I never saw my stuff again. That was the WORST testing site I had ever been to in my entire life. The proctor didn't make it any easier. If fact, it was partially her fault I lost my stuff. I don't know anything about UF because I still haven't applied yet; I'm applying for the first time this year.

Thanks for the well wishing. I hope to see you at the white coat ceremony as well. Just out of curiosity, which state and which school are you in right now?

Here in West Palm Beach, Fl
Campus: FAU

I am applying to UF (pharmacy schools) for the first time.

To the board
: Sometimes, someone may post something that comes across the wrong way. I think it is nice to be motivated and aim high. I think socom could have written the post better. I don't think socom however was belittling the dreaded PCAT. I think frustration leads to determination. That's allowed sometimes. This forum creates a place for everyone to vent. It's tough seeing 90+ % percentile when our own scores are just nothing to brag about. We all know that getting into pharmacy school the first time is crucial. We can reapply, but it's no guarantee and our self-confidence diminishes. Let's all forget about the post and think how we can help each other (study resources, websites used to prepare, word of encouragement, etc...)

The irony is, in the end, we are competitors. Someone will miss the cut and someone will earn the White Coat! :laugh:

Now who's it gonna be?

Let us chill! ;)

I was just wondering if anybody went down in their scores taking it the second time. My first PCAT in June was horrible:confused:, and I went down 10 points:scared: for the August PCAT, which I studied more for. If my comp. score was in the 50s, is there any chance that I could raise it to 70 for the October PCAT, given the time left to study?

OCT / AUG
Reading 68 / 48
Chem 83 / 44
Verbal 80 / 79
Math 62 / 87
Bio 83 / 90

As you can tell, I dropped worse than you did. To be blunt, no, you have pretty much no time to study. I would recommend the Jan. PCAT. This way you will have more time. The down side is that some schools don't accept Jan. scores.

verbal 91
biology 83
reading 98
quant 81
chem 54
comp 89

I am happy except for the chem, but not too disappointed as that score is with no o-chem at all.

I will be studying for Oct. Might as well, I've already paid for it....

My June score was an 85, and I took it in August and got much worse... so I'm just happy I already have the 85! I was shocked to see how much worse I did. Oh well! The schools I'm applying to only take the best score.

i honestly think that august was 10x harder than june. i dont know if im the only one who feels this way...although i did a little better in august, the overall level of bio and chem in august was WAY harder. i went from 89% to 54% from june or aug in chem

yes, if you study and work hard you definently can do better in october. it just takes time and dedication (and money) you can do it!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, more people are getting in the 90s than the lower scores. Or are those with lower scores too shy to post? Well, let me bring the stats down a bit:

Verbal 45
Bio 90
Reading 42
Quantitative 97
Chemistry 85
Composite 85

I didn't think the reading part was that difficult, but it seems to be my worst section everytime! This is my 2nd time taking the PCAT after my previous 92 expired. Sigh... time to reg for the next session :(

Just getting around to posting.... I'm still on the fence about taking the October test. I'm really tight on money, though I'd figure it out if I decided to, but between all my application fees and having a craptastic job, it's just... I'd rather not pay the late fee to take it again.

Verbal Ability: 458/98
Biology: 407/64 :thumbdown:
Reading Comp: 427/86
Quantitative: 430/89
Chemistry: 410/69 :thumbdown:
Composite: 426/90

Writing: 4.0/3.5

Obviously, the glaring RED FLAGS are the lowwwww scores for the two sciences. I studied my butt off, but I guess I had the wrong study material. Because as confident as I felt with the bio and chem going in, I felt like crap when I left.

So, is it worth risking my 90 composite score to improve those two sciences?? My GPA is a 3.5, science or pre-req GPA is right around there as well (maybe a tad lower). I have my BS in Applied Math, have a little pharm experience (but it was several years ago... I'm working on getting some more right now). I feel like I have a strong PS and LoRs, but then again, who doesn't feel that way.

Oh, and the schools I'm applying to are Buffalo, Albany (doesn't even take PCAT and is a long shot for me anyway), LECOM-Erie, Campbell and MCPHS-Worcester (who doesn't require PCAT, but stupid me put them on my score report before I realized that...)

Advice on a retake?

DO IT. You obviously can do better. I don't think it's out of the park to say you can get a above 90 for each of the sections.

It sux for me this time thought...I did not have much time to review much of questions, so I did pretty bad on Bio, Read, and Verbal although it seems to be not difficult to do it....
I got : pretty ok score on Math and Chem ( 91% and 95%) [ I dont know why because I thought I did them all right, it should be better)...this time I just got 404 59% for composite....
My GPA i 4.0....Are there any helps so I can get better for the Oct test....I gonna revenge it...It pissed me off...First time for me here...

Unless I'm mistaken, more people are getting in the 90s than the lower scores. Or are those with lower scores too shy to post? Well, let me bring the stats down a bit:

Verbal 45
Bio 90
Reading 42
Quantitative 97
Chemistry 85
Composite 85

I didn't think the reading part was that difficult, but it seems to be my worst section everytime! This is my 2nd time taking the PCAT after my previous 92 expired. Sigh... time to reg for the next session :(
Well - I didn't make the 90+ either, but I'm satisfied enough with what I got. My scores are similar to yours, lacus:
Verbal 74
Bio 87
Reading 55 (WTF??!!)
Quantitative 89
Chemistry 87
Composite 421/85
Writing 3.0/3.0

I think the disaster in Reading happened due to poor time budgeting on my part. I rushed through the two passages I saved for last (I thoroughly completed the last passage, thinking it wasn't likely the experimental one--perhaps I was wrong). I also think I would have done better if I'd taken more practice tests in that area. I spent more time on studying the math and science areas. I walked away from the testing center thinking I totally bombed the math section, so I was absolutely shocked to see it was my highest score. Honestly, don't know how that happened.

Verbal: 83 (423)
Biology: 94 (441)
Reading: 86 (427)
Quantitative: 91 (434)
Chemistry: 93 (439)
Composite: 94 (433)

Writing 3.0, 3.0

Hey all I'm new to SDN

Here's my scores

Verbal: 428 / 87
Biology: 428 / 87
Reading: 434 / 92
Math: 464 / 98
Chem: 445 / 95

Writing
Conventions: 3.0
Problem Sol.: 4.0

Composite: 440 / 97

i don't know about you americans,

but most canadians apply to pharm school during their first year at uni

thus some of my friends took the pcat in their first year

one of my friend (who skipped a year), took the pcat and found it extremely easy

he didn't get 99 in all section, but did get 99 in comp and didn't even try.

so i think you peeps shouldn't flame socom that much because to some people, the pcat is truly easy.

oct will be my first time taking it and i'm not that smart so i'll study my ass off for it

but some peeps don't even need to lift a page to score 90+

My composite is a 68, even with above 90 on my bio and verbal. Im applying anyway! If I dont get in Ill retake it. I think people need to call the schools they are interested in to find out what they consider a competitive PCAT score and not just listen to people here. Granted, most have done their homework and know, but I think individuals need to make the effort to research the schools for themselves instead of taking other peoples word for it. People with 80 + scores may be just fine at some of the schools. Dont freak out. Its really ok. I know now exactly what my weaknesses are and I will be better prepared to take the test again if needed. I took the PCAT last Oct. and I was amazed at how different the Aug. one was. The math and chem was NOTHING alike. That bummeed me out. My reading comp was 55???? Makes no since. I am an excellant reader and I walked away feeling like a did awesome on it. Time will tell.

I just receive my PCAT score for the august test due to delay in forwarding my mails to my new address and this is the breakdown of my scores;

Verbal Ability 79
Biology 90
Reading Comprehension 74
Quantitative Ability 96
Chemistry 97
Composite 95

Can't complain with the verbal as english is my second language

Hey Wan, same thing happened to me today. Kinda burns my 'tater a bit. Pharmcas is seeing my crappy scores before *I* see my crappy scores! Boo!

Was it just me or did Math totally suck on the Aug 2007 test? I literally guessed on HALF of them too, Nerv! I kept saying "the answer is always B if you don't know." I looked back and noticed I had WAAAY too many B's! HA!

i know this is way late.. but MATH SUCKED on the aug PCAT. i was brain dead by that point anyway and all the practice stuff I did didn't match up to any of that. I guessed on most of it. ugh.

My composite is a 68, even with above 90 on my bio and verbal. Im applying anyway! If I dont get in Ill retake it. I think people need to call the schools they are interested in to find out what they consider a competitive PCAT score and not just listen to people here. Granted, most have done their homework and know, but I think individuals need to make the effort to research the schools for themselves instead of taking other peoples word for it. People with 80 + scores may be just fine at some of the schools. Dont freak out. Its really ok. I know now exactly what my weaknesses are and I will be better prepared to take the test again if needed. I took the PCAT last Oct. and I was amazed at how different the Aug. one was. The math and chem was NOTHING alike. That bummeed me out. My reading comp was 55???? Makes no since. I am an excellant reader and I walked away feeling like a did awesome on it. Time will tell.

Thank god, you make me feel so much like less of a *******. I'm doing the same thing as you.. waiting to hear from my interview results, and will retake in Jan if I ahve to. I got a 70%, I suck at timed tests, and oh effing well. I also read all the time and felt very confident and got below 50% in reading. I almost want a regrade. Thank you for being normal haha, I keep seening 90+ and its driving me crazy.