August applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medapplication9971

Reaction score
I'm registered for the MCAT on July 18, I get my score back August 4. I will have my AACOM and AACOMAS apps ready and verified by then. Will it be too late for MD and DO to submit a verified application by August 4th? Or is August 4th still early for most schools?

I appreciate everyone's help and advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,
August 4th will be early for DO. For MD, it will be late, but it depends on your state (for TX: that is late). The best thing you can do now is submit your transcripts, letter of recommendations, and get all your application info asap in through AMCAS, AACOMAS, and TMDSAS (if you're applying in TX).
-Future DO

Hello,
August 4th will be early for DO. For MD, it will be late, but it depends on your state (for TX: that is late). The best thing you can do now is submit your transcripts, letter of recommendations, and get all your application info asap in through AMCAS, AACOMAS, and TMDSAS (if you're applying in TX).
-Future DO
I believe Texas has extended their deadline to help out with those taking the MCAT late

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm registered for the MCAT on July 18, I get my score back August 4. I will have my AACOM and AACOMAS apps ready and verified by then. Will it be too late for MD and DO to submit a verified application by August 4th? Or is August 4th still early for most schools?

I appreciate everyone's help and advice!
That's still fine for both.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you submit the application before you get your MCAT score? I'm retaking it so my old MCAT(low score) will be there already.

Can you submit the application before you get your MCAT score? I'm retaking it so my old MCAT(low score) will be there already.
You can, but I suggest to you submit to 1 throwaway school to get your AMCAS verified, and submit to the rest of the schools when you have your new MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 users
You can, but I suggest to you submit to 1 throwaway school to get your AMCAS verified, and submit to the rest of the schools when you have your new MCAT score.

Thank you!