August 09 PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kakme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just talked to a lady at the Pearson Center. She said it is possible the scores will be available online as early as Monday the 21st. OMG...:scared:.....I'm so nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys really going to pay the extra $20? Why don't you guys just wait a day or two for it to come in the mail. :idea: :D

seriously, $20??? sheesh, I can wait, today, tomorrow.. next week? What's the difference? well.. $20 i suppose. Not worth it.

omfg $20.00.. and now that i KNOW the scores are there.. i desperately want to see them.. at first i thought i could resist.... butttttt

I just saw!!! Hopefully they will be in the mail tomorrow or the next day. Can't wait to hear how everyone did!

Test Date: August 2009
Composite 430 91
Chemistry 472 99
Quantitative Ability 447 95
Reading Comprehension 391 31
Biology 429 87
Verbal Ability 409 63
Percentile
Rank (PR)
Scaled
MULTIPLE-CHOICE SCORES Score (SS)
Problem Solving 3.0
Conventions of Language 3.0

Thank god and Dr Collins I'm done with this exam!! whoo hooooo

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
scaled score (ss) percentile rank (pr)
verbal 409 63
bio 454 98
read 413 66
quan 426 81
chem 430 85
comp 87%

definately did better than i thought in quan. thought i did better on verb/read but ill take it for a first time taker

Should I pay the 20 to see my score early?

20 is a lot of money. It can almost buy 4 footlongs! :laugh:

Verbal - 81

Biology - 54 (WOW) :(

Chemistry - 43 (WOW) :(

Reading Comp - 83

Quantatative - 81

Composite - 73

Writing 3.0 / 3.0​

These scores are horrible!! I took the PCAT on a whim after I got depressed about the job outlook in my area. WTF..I was a science major (BIO). Well, I'm staying in graduate school and finishing this PhD in Epidemiology.

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS WITH APPLYING!!
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]​

Last edited:
Hi! I've been lurking, stressing and hitting refresh right along with all of you for a few days. I agree the writing scores were judged too harshly. My essays were awesome, at least in conventions of language. I'm a grammar and punctuation nazi and they gave me a 3/3 for writing scores.

verbal 97
biology 99
reading 72
quant 91
chemistry 90
composite 97!

I'm shaking so hard I can barely type! Good luck to everyone!

Verbal Ability - 72
Biology - 75
Reading Comprehension - 66
Quantitative Ability - 78
Chemistry - 48
Composite - 71

Retake?

NO! I'm not because I know if I do, then I will get them in the mail tomorrow :laugh:

When I called Pearson earlier today, both times they said that the scores hadn't been mailed out yet; and it was around 1pm pacific time. This makes me think it's unlikely for us to get them by tomorrow (doesn't mail usually take 2 days across states?). :( But.. we never know.. I don't completely think it's impossible. Still, this whole being able to see our scores just with a click (and of course a credit card) is agonizing and annoying. I can't help thinking Pearson is greedy. lol $20 is a lot of money! :p

Good luck to everyone.. I've only seen good and really good scores so far. I'm so scared. :xf:

Wow great scores guys

I'd retake the 71. It is a pretty decent score, it definitely puts you in the competitive range but I would give it another shot.

Is this a retake score?

Verbal Ability 450 97
Biology 398 44
Reading Comprehension 431 88
Quantitative Ability 430 85
Chemistry 430 85
Composite 428 89

I can't say on here what I've been saying aloud for the last minute or two. Damn profanity filters...

well, maybe just once more to improve your bio score. you probably know what might have happened so you can prepare until the next test. other than that, your scores are good.

Verbal Ability - 72
Biology - 75
Reading Comprehension - 66
Quantitative Ability - 78
Chemistry - 48
Composite - 71

Retake?

maybe catch up on some chem that you missed out on or forgot about. after that, your composite will get better. so it is up to you, but i would recommend retaking it to improve your chem so that it will show that you can do chemistry well enough on the pcat.

VA 35 percentile
Biol 90
reading 79
quantitative 93
chemistry 95
composite 89
language/problem 3/3

hm.. not sure what to do the only school that needs the pcat (uoft) has a minimum VA of 20...suggestions? I have a feeling i won't get lucky again on the science and math if i write in oct

First time posting, I'm so confused with what I should do with my score, it has so many contradictions.

verbal ability 478 99 yay
bio 440 94
reading comp 409 60 wtf
quant 420 74
chem 418 72
composite 433 93

should I retake?

hey guys, can I get some advice on this. I think I should retake it cause my verbal score is so bad

Verbal 27
Bio 65
Reading Comp 72
Math 88
Chem 85

Composite 74

That verbal score really makes me sad. My english skills are not good to begin with :(

OMG congratz, you guys got some awesome stats.

I just worried about my chem score :scared::scared: :scared:

Any of you retaking in oct or Jan?

First time posting, I'm so confused with what I should do with my score, it has so many contradictions.

verbal ability 478 99 yay
bio 440 94
reading comp 409 60 wtf
quant 420 74
chem 418 72
composite 433 93

should I retake?

your scores are good. but if you want to retake them and think you can improve in reading comp and maybe a little in quant and chem, then go for it.

Congrats to everyone who hung in there and fought hard Aug. 22nd. This is the first time I've ever taken the PCAT and hopefully I'm done. It's time to move forward. Hang in there, guys; we can all make it...

Composite 423 84
Chemistry 408 58 (WTF?)
Reading Comprehension 417 72
Quantitative Ability 413 64
Biology 429 87
Verbal Ability 450 97

(I'm an older applicant who's been out of school since 1993 so I'm pretty happy with these scores; my career will speak for itself to the admissions folks.)

3/3 essays

Verbal Ability 422 81
Biology 421 80
Reading Comprehension 381 18
Quantitative Ability 399 39
Chemistry 418 72
Composite 408 60

I can't believe I did so horribly in reading comprehension. It seemed much easier compared to biology or chemistry. I think I'll do a retake in January.

Last edited:
I think Pearson hasn't posted the results on purpose. Some people who took the test in August also signed up for the one in October. This Friday, Sept. 25th is the deadline for cancelling the October test and getting the 50% refund. I just think they're delaying the online scores deliberately so people like me can fall victim to their scheme. The test scores are already in their computers, so it isn't like they have to hand-type each applicant's score into the system again. How hard is it to just post the scores on their website? That's my conspiracy theory. I will be happy to see my scores right now so I can decide whether I need to take the Oct. test or cancel and get $75 back. C'mon Pearson.:mad:

I felt the same way before even seeing your post and was compelled to e-mail them about what I think is unfair business practices. Stressing out by playing there waiting game and possibly shelling out more unnecessary $$$ really makes me !! We’re fair for feeling this way. We’re not the only ones and anyone else who thinks they’re being conned should flood their e-mail inboxes with complaints. I love how there $20 early score option just happens to be available 2 days before the non-refundable 9-25 cancellation deadline.

Here's my e-mail that I sent to Pearsons.
"Hello -

I would like to receive a full refund for the Oct. 17 PCAT if I choose to cancel after the 9-25 deadline. Since knowing my Aug 22. results will not be available until after 9-25 I can't make a fully informed and confident decision on whether to buy Pearsons services for the October 17 exam. I'm assuming part of Pearsons services include setting test dates, scoring turn around time and refund deadlines for the PCAT. It is vital for test takers, mostly financially strapped students, to know their test results before sitting for another PCAT exam. The exam is only offered 4 times a year by 1 company that has no other competition for the same product (PCAT test services) which leaves us with no other options.

With that in mind it confuses me as to why the non-refundable deadline would be imposed before official results are released which is known by all parties to be the determining factor on whether to save or spend another $150 for Pearsons services. Please help me so that I know my scores and make an informed decision before the 9-25 deadline or make an exception to refund my $150 due to inadequate services that puts me, the customer, in an unfair financial position.

Take Care
Eugene"

I do think something is really weird with 3/3 for EVERYONE so far! This was the portion of the test I KNEW I NAILED being a grad student and writing so darn much. Oh well it's done!

I felt the same way before even seeing your post and was compelled to e-mail them about what I think is unfair business practices. Stressing out by playing there waiting game and possibly shelling out more unnecessary $$$ really makes me !! We’re fair for feeling this way. We’re not the only ones and anyone else who thinks they’re being conned should flood their e-mail inboxes with complaints. I love how there $20 early score option just happens to be available 2 days before the non-refundable 9-25 cancellation deadline.

"Hello -

I would like to receive a full refund for the Oct. 17 PCAT if I choose to cancel after the 9-25 deadline. Since knowing my Aug 22. results will not be available until after 9-25 I can't make a fully informed and confident decision on whether to buy Pearsons services for the October 17 exam. I'm assuming part of Pearsons services include setting test dates, scoring turn around time and refund deadlines for the PCAT. It is vital for test takers, mostly financially strapped students, to know their test results before sitting for another PCAT exam. The exam is only offered 4 times a year by 1 company that has no other competition for the same product (PCAT test services) which leaves us with no other options.

With that in mind it confuses me as to why the non-refundable deadline would be imposed before official results are released which is known by all parties to be the determining factor on whether to save or spend another $150 for Pearsons services. Please help me so that I know my scores and make an informed decision before the 9-25 deadline or make an exception to refund my $150 due to inadequate services that puts me, the customer, in an unfair financial position.

Take Care
Eugene"

nice letter. what did you get on your writing? :p

on topic, i agree wholeheartedly. i even made a thread deciding whether or not i should sign up for the oct. test. in the end, i decided against it. studying for the pcat once was enough; i don't want to relive that again.

"Hello -

Take Care
Eugene"

:rofl: yeah good luck with that. I can just see the return email.
Dear Eugene we regret to inform you that your scores were voided do to an....wait thats right we don't have to explain **** to you. We voided them because we could, feel free to sit for the next test though, maybe we will get bored and forget to go void those scores too.

hey guys, can I get some advice on this. I think I should retake it cause my verbal score is so bad, Bio isn't good either but verbal bothers me more

Verbal 27
Bio 65
Reading Comp 72
Math 88
Chem 85

Composite 74

That verbal score really makes me sad. My english skills are not good to begin with :(

Hi! I've been lurking, stressing and hitting refresh right along with all of you for a few days. I agree the writing scores were judged too harshly. My essays were awesome, at least in conventions of language. I'm a grammar and punctuation nazi and they gave me a 3/3 for writing scores.

verbal 97
biology 99
reading 72
quant 91
chemistry 90
composite 97!

I'm shaking so hard I can barely type! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to you and everyone on their scores:thumbup:. What did you use as a study guide for the exam? I'm taking the Oct. Exam and I'm freaking out studying for it. Thanks for any advice you may have.

Composite 449 99
Chemistry 434 88
Quantitative Ability 447 95
Reading Comprehension 431 88
Biology 454 98
Verbal Ability 478 99
Percentile
Rank (PR)
Scaled
MULTIPLE-CHOICE SCORES Score (SS)
Problem Solving 3.0 2.84
Conventions of Language 3.0 2.83

woot woot

Here are mine

June August

VA 43 76

BIO 54 84

RC 48 26 (what the hell)

QA 69 85

CHEM 88 96

COMP. 65 84

Even though I am very disappointed with my Reading comprehesion, Over all i a happy? Will my reading comprehsion hurt my chances?

Composite 86
Verbal 92
Biology 75
RC 48
Quant 88
Chem 90
Writing 3/3

Should I retake? I'm worried about my RC subscore. Thanks.

I am soooo scared to look at my pcat scores..besides i really don't want to waste 20 bucks on getting my horrible scores...i just hope i got over 60 :(percent.. congrats everyone here who got above 70% :)..good job!

Last edited: