Audition rotations cancelled due to COVID 19?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You shall know the Truth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one think that programs might limit or cancel audition rotation due to COVID 19?

Members don't see this ad.

Theoretical threads like this are a waste of everyone's time.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm worried about it, but at the moment I'm mainly worried what will happen if the NBOME cancel my PE date. Because I do NOT trust them, or my school, to make rescheduling it at a reasonable time an easy process. And our school told us today it's a possibility.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm worried about it, but at the moment I'm mainly worried what will happen if the NBOME cancel my PE date. Because I do NOT trust them, or my school, to make rescheduling it at a reasonable time an easy process. And our school told us today it's a possibility.
Your right, this may turn into a quagmire really quick

Honestly my only fear.

On the MD section some one says their EM rotation was cancelled due to COVID 19

I don't doubt that, but there really isn't anything you can do about it if a bunch of rotations start to get cancelled. The only thing you'll be able to do is find other rotations to go to.

The new standard for passing will just be not coughing in the face of your SP

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

I’m really worried about this too. Mine is in mid-April.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying for 4th year rotations in the fall OOS, feels a bit like I'm throwing money away right now.

I'm applying for 4th year rotations in the fall OOS, feels a bit like I'm throwing money away right now.

I'm really hoping the big wave is on the downtrend by the fall and we are headed back to a sense of normalcy. Might just be wishful thinking though

This, my school has been failing a ton of people for our PE SIM we do before we are allowed to take the PE (like a TON of people, including some IMO absolute stud student doctors that id 100% let take care of my family in the future). I can confirm, it has been a NIGHTMARE for people in my class to reschedule this exam and i can’t imagine if the entirety of the class of 2021 had to reschedule. Theres currently not enough spots, cant imagine what could potentially happen if there were mass cancelations.

Reactions: 1 users
This, my school has been failing a ton of people for our PE SIM we do before we are allowed to take the PE (like a TON of people, including some IMO absolute stud student doctors that id 100% let take care of my family in the future). I can confirm, it has been a NIGHTMARE for people in my class to reschedule this exam and i can’t imagine if the entirety of the class of 2021 had to reschedule. Theres currently not enough spots, cant imagine what could potentially happen if there were mass cancelations.

I hope if some are cancelled they open up ASAP magic special dates for the people affected. (As one of the people who may be affected with an April date)

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry bro! DO's had a 20% lower fatality rate than MD's during the Spanish Flu!

/s
The dean of our school (the largest medical school in the US) actually said this to all of us yesterday when updating us on COVID-19.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Aaaaaand mine was cancelled. This is gonna be fun.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Aaaaaand mine was cancelled. This is gonna be fun.

Ah man... Have you been able to reschedule yet? I'm hoping they open up dates...

This whole process is just... well... I really don't have any words for this.

Man, for those with the PE in limbo... I feel for you. That would be a nightmare within this nightmare. As for auditions. I suspect some specialities will be hit harder than others. EM for example, I can see lots of auditions in EM getting nixed just because they are on the front lines. Surgery too. Maybe I'm just overly hopeful (& more so biased) since I'm applying IM though.

All regular rotations were just cancelled at my local medical school, I would imagine 99% of always are going to get canned nationwide

All regular rotations were just cancelled at my local medical school, I would imagine 99% of always are going to get canned nationwide

If so, this would have lots of implications for our application cycle I think. Possibly no interviews even. Ugh.

Cancelling is probably site specific, but obviously no one knows for sure. I'm still in contact with a student coordinator at one site asking about some of my incomplete paperwork as of yesterday.