Audition rotation evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Relentlessrook18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I did an audition at a program that I was really interested in and got a really mediocre evaluation from one of the attendings I worked with. I mean, this evaluation said a few positive things, but had a negative tone to it. It sounded to me like he expected a lot more of me than what I did. The other two evaluations were from two senior residents I worked with, and they had excellent things to say about me. The other attendings I worked with had a very positive attitude toward me and never really gave me any idea that I was performing poorly.
Normally I do well on my rotations and get good reviews. Do you all think this one mediocre eval will hurt my chances getting accepted to that program?

Members don't see this ad.

Ive had the same experience. I'm finishing my last EM audition and have had stellar evals until last week I got a mediocre eval from an attending that barely spoke to me. Don't sweat it. Keep working to get good evals and show the off one was an outlier.

Reactions: 1 users
This is why they make a compilation of many evals. There are attendings everywhere that are miserable to work with and give out krap evals.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users