Auditing a class XC on transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does this work? I want to audit a class in the summer because I need to refresh the material. Professor said I can, and advisor said an XC will show up on my transcript.

Does it affect GPA? Look bad?

Members don't see this ad.

I've never seen an XC on a transcript. No one cares if you audit a class. You need to take a normal semester of classes and then this audit can be an additional thing you do to refresh yourself on the material. And no it doesnt affect your GPA because when you audit a class you dont get a grade

I've never seen an XC on a transcript. No one cares if you audit a class. You need to take a normal semester of classes and then this audit can be an additional thing you do to refresh yourself on the material. And no it doesnt affect your GPA because when you audit a class you dont get a grade

Yeah I’m taking a normal semester in the summer. I need this refresher though. So XC won’t look weird or bad? It’s OK to have it? Won’t affect my GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I’m taking a normal semester in the summer. I need this refresher though. So XC won’t look weird or bad? It’s OK to have it? Won’t affect my GPA?
It will not affect your GPA. You will not be graded - you are basically just being given permission to sit there.
It will not look bad on your GPA. The XC won't look bad.

You have nothing to worry about

Reactions: 1 user
It will not affect your GPA. You will not be graded - you are basically just being given permission to sit there.
It will not look bad on your GPA. The XC won't look bad.

You have nothing to worry about

Thank you so much. I was so so worried! I appreciate your input. Time to audit this class!

Reactions: 1 user