Audiology programs and the new GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eloc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the whole Audiology process so the questions I have may have already been answered. First off I wanted to know how many Audiology programs should I apply to? I notice that most programs don't accept many students so I thought about applying to 7 or 8 schools. I am also taking the new GRE in 2 weeks and wanted to know is it a nightmare like I've been hearing. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been trying to figure out how many schools to apply to as well, but decided on only four. The reason I applied to only four was because I should find out if I got into one of the schools on December 1 and I think I would be happy going there. They also gave me the feeling that I'll get in at my interview. I think if I do not get in there, I may get nervous and apply to another 1 or 2. I think it really depends on how strong your gpa, gre scores, essays, and letters of rec are and if you feel confident about any particular school.

As for the GRE, if you want a quick way to study, buy Barron's new GRE flashcards. It includes flashcards on math and vocabulary. As I was taking the GRE, I felt like I wasn't doing great, but then when I got my estimated score at the end, I was very happy with it.

Thanks for the input Kerrianne! I think I'm going to apply 6 schools. I have a good gpa and I take the GRE Monday so hopefully I will do well on it.