ATTN: NAU Northern Arizona PT DPT Program Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Btylers

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heads up for futures applicants to NAU DPT program. If you are out of state, you will not get in state tuition. They may say you might get it, but you will not. As a SPT at NAU and was told I would get instate tuition after a year of living. I followed the state of Arizona policy to gain residency, but I was denied. Every other out-of-state student that applied was also rejected, despite filling out all required documents, I was given a letter stating a lacked objective evidence. When asked what evidence was lacked, no answer was given. Instead I was advised to drop out or graduate to get in-state tuition. Since neither of those options even make sense, I want to give you a step ahead of all of us who fell in the trap and avoid the hassle of even applying. Good luck this application round!

Members don't see this ad.

UPDATE:
No one has won an appeal to the in-state petition rejection we received. Seems like a lost hope for all out-of-state students.

UPDATE:
All students were denied instate tuition after a hearing at the school. Unless you want to filing a hearing with the state court, there is no possibility, of receiving instate tuition unless you lived here one year before school.

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE:
All students were denied instate tuition after a hearing at the school. Unless you want to filing a hearing with the state court, there is no possibility, of receiving instate tuition unless you lived here one year before school.
Thank you for the information! I’m from out of state too and the difference in tuition cost is something very important to consider when applying to schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the information! I’m from out of state too and the difference in tuition cost is something very important to consider when applying to schools.
I agree completely. Thankfully, NAU is still very enticing with its OOS tuition only being ~85k in total.

Hey, I am looking into NAU DPT what is the total cost for OOS applicants from your experience how much more expensive is the total cost? Thanks

Thank you so much for the heads up. Was just thinking about applying to NAU.