Attending VCU for Undergrad. Effect on Acceptance to VCU's Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abcdelemoneater

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I was wondering whether or not the fact that I attended VCU for undergrad. would negatively impact my chances for getting accepted to VCU's medical school. In other words, does VCU have a clear preference for their own students over other ones or vice-versa?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone! I was wondering whether or not the fact that I attended VCU for undergrad. would negatively impact my chances for getting accepted to VCU's medical school. In other words, does VCU have a clear preference for their own students over other ones or vice-versa?
There is no preference given to vcu students in the admissions process to VCUSOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It would not negatively impact one's chances as well, right?
No it should not. I did hear a RUMOR that vcu som actually looks down on vcu since it’s “easy”. The rumor was “justified” by showing how vcus class is mainly filled with uva and vtech undergrads but I truly believe it is just a rumor. Pm me if you want more personal advice.

It shouldn't negatively affect you. Are Kalamazoo State grads looked down upon? Podunk State grads? GPAs are more or less treated equally, with the caveat that if they are lucky the MIT or Princeton grads get a bit of a boost, a small one.

Our current M1 class has a decent amount of VCU students but many are GMED. I would talk to WHC or Dr. Baker, both are good sources of advice

Our current M1 class has a decent amount of VCU students but many are GMED. I would talk to WHC or Dr. Baker, both are good sources of advice
Hey man just a quick heads up. I would change your avi and maybe even your username lol. I recognized you immediately (mutual friends). Hope youre enjoying vcu!

My avi should just be the letter "A"... and my username is pretty anonymous. Are you sure you are thinking of the right person? Reply to this with only the vowels in my first and last name. Like John Baker would be *o** *a*e*. Just want to make sure lol
he 100% quoted another person

What information are you able to get from my profile?

wym? I am super confused...
throwaway was referring to the user ppushpak - he quoted pushpak when responding to him. He was definitely NOT referring to you and no one can get any information about YOU specifically from your profile. I can't help if you need further explanation.

throwaway was referring to the user ppushpak - he quoted pushpak when responding to him. He was definitely NOT referring to you and no one can get any information about YOU specifically from your profile. I can't help if you need further explanation.

Yeah, I got it a little late. I am kinda slow in the head unfortunately. My mom says that I am special :)

• Haha