Army attending civilian residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOCHARGERS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

Is there any way to be granted an early release (~2 weeks) from my active duty service obligation in order to attend a civilian residency? I won't have enough terminal leave so I'm trying to figure out if this can be done

Members don't see this ad.

Damn, someone has been burning through that leave! Anyone reading this, always save up for a month or so of terminal.

Yea, early release is not gonna happen. More likely to get excused by the residency program, honestly. But they are strict too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, someone has been burning through that leave! Anyone reading this, always save up for a month or so of terminal.

Yea, early release is not gonna happen. More likely to get excused by the residency program, honestly. But they are strict too.
What does this mean "terminal" ? If you have enough leave you can just tack it on at the end of your contract?

What does this mean "terminal" ? If you have enough leave you can just tack it on at the end of your contract?
Yes. They usually only allow up to a month, but I have seen enlisted get 2-3 months, just dependent on the OIC. I was granted 1 month. It's a lot of paper work and ducks to line up, but if it gets approved you can move from the area and start your new life without having to return for your separation date.

Reactions: 1 user