Program-Specific Info / Q's ATSU Waitlist 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swillbe0T19

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waitlisted at ATSU for their masters OT program for Fall 2017. Is there anyone else waitlisted? And is there anyone who is accepted but will not attend?

I was invited for an interview in mid November, but didn't have my interview till Feb. 9th and notified on the 14th that I was waitlisted. This years class was full before my interview I believe in mid January.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waitlisted at ATSU for their masters OT program for Fall 2017. Is there anyone else waitlisted? And is there anyone who is accepted but will not attend?

I was invited for an interview in mid November, but didn't have my interview till Feb. 9th and notified on the 14th that I was waitlisted. This years class was full before my interview I believe in mid January.
I also interviewed on February 9th and was waitlisted. I applied in early October and was invited to interview in November. Were you in the morning or afternoon interview? I interviewed for the masters program. I guess the class was full before January 10th.

I just got into an in state school, so I will be declining my seat at ATSU. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed on February 9th and was waitlisted. I applied in early October and was invited to interview in November. Were you in the morning or afternoon interview? I interviewed for the masters program. I guess the class was full before January 10th.
I applied in October as well. I had my interview in the morning. And you?
The wait sucks! But I guess we will find out any day now up until June.

I applied in October as well. I had my interview in the morning. And you?
The wait sucks! But I guess we will find out any day now up until June.
My interview was in the afternoon. I agree, the wait is agonizing! I'm waiting to hear from ATSU and a few other schools. :nailbiting:

I just accepted my other offer today so I will notify ATSU tomorrow :)
Just got my acceptance letter this morning!!!! So happy and relieved

Thanks for letting the school you won't be attending.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary application to ATSU in January, and haven't heard anything since! I've gotten into another program, but am just wondering what the approximate timeline is. If I haven't been offered an interview yet, should I give up hope?

I submitted my secondary application to ATSU in January, and haven't heard anything since! I've gotten into another program, but am just wondering what the approximate timeline is. If I haven't been offered an interview yet, should I give up hope?

I was in the same boat and I checked my application online and there is a note saying that the class is full and if spots open they will interview. Nice of them to personally email us huh? -__-

I just got accepted off the waitlist!!:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I'm still waiting on my top pick. If I don't get in then I will be attending ATSU!
I'm waiting on one more school also! I hope they get back to us soon the wait is killing me.
But so grateful to be accepted into my 2nd choice!

I'm waiting on one more school also! I hope they get back to us soon the wait is killing me.
But so grateful to be accepted into my 2nd choice!
You're also waiting on Touro right? I live in Las Vegas so it would be nice to not have to move. I did love the campus and faculty at ATSU, and it was my second choice as well! I'm just so thankful to be accepted because I know they have a large waitlist! :)

Yes I am :)
I have family there also so it would definitely be convenient for me to attend Touro.
Touro is on spring break till the 19th so maybe we will hear from them afterwards.

I just got accepted off the waitlist!!:soexcited:
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? When did you interview? I'm on the waitlist too and I'm dying to know what number I am on the list to see if I have a chance

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? When did you interview? I'm on the waitlist too and I'm dying to know what number I am on the list to see if I have a chance
Sure! I interviewed on February 10. Good luck! I know how hard the wait can be! I do remember my interviewer telling me that stats aren't everything and that their goal is to have a cohort that is diverse with a wide range of experiences.
University: University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Major: Psychology, Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.63
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
Last 60: 3.91
GRE: Did not take

Extra-Curric: Psi Chi, Kinesiology Club, Research Assistant in a motor learning and development lab, spent time overseas rehabilitating military working dogs from Iraq and Afghanistan as a member of the US Army

Volunteer: Teddy Bear Clinic, Autism Speaks, local homeless shelter, women's shelter

Observations: 152 hours outpatient OT shadowing, 20 hours inpatient OT shadowing, 18 hours in school-based therapy

Sure! I interviewed on February 10. Good luck! I know how hard the wait can be! I do remember my interviewer telling me that stats aren't everything and that their goal is to have a cohort that is diverse with a wide range of experiences.
University: University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Major: Psychology, Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.63
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
Last 60: 3.91
GRE: Did not take

Extra-Curric: Psi Chi, Kinesiology Club, Research Assistant in a motor learning and development lab, spent time overseas rehabilitating military working dogs from Iraq and Afghanistan as a member of the US Army

Volunteer: Teddy Bear Clinic, Autism Speaks, local homeless shelter, women's shelter

Observations: 152 hours outpatient OT shadowing, 20 hours inpatient OT shadowing, 18 hours in school-based therapy

Impressive! Thanks for sharing :) will you be attending?