ATSU-AZ Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kgoebs18

Reaction score
Has anyone been contacted about interviews for ATSU? If so when did you submit your secondary application?

Members don't see this ad.

My secondary app was done on August 23rd, was contacted for an interview on September 16th and interviewed on October 4th. No decision yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, my secondary was submitted 9/6, and got invite for interview on 9/23.
I'm interviewing 10/30.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! sent my secondary 09/01 and received an interview invite on 9/20. Interviewing November 1.

Thanks everyone! I submitted mine on 9/26 so it looks like it takes about 3-4 weeks to hear back good to know. Good luck everyone!

Submitted mine 7/28 and have an interview 10/30.

If so, any tips/advice about the online interview would be appreciated.

My secondary app was done on August 23rd, was contacted for an interview on September 16th and interviewed on October 4th. No decision yet.
How did your interview go? Do you mind sharing what questions they asked?

My secondary was submitted at the end of August and I have an interview on October 29th! I opted for the online interview. I would appreciate any tips anyone has for that.

bmxpt2, I was wondering if you opted for the in person or online interview?
I opted for the online interview but I'm not sure what to expect.

bmxpt2, I was wondering if you opted for the in person or online interview?
I opted for the online interview but I'm not sure what to expect.
I did in person because I don’t trust my computer lol but I’m an AZ resident so it was only a 45 min drive to campus. All questions were situational based and the interviewer made it very conversational. If traveling isn’t ideal take the online interview. Or else I’d suggest in person so you can tour the campus as well.

I did in person because I don’t trust my computer lol but I’m an AZ resident so it was only a 45 min drive to campus. All questions were situational based and the interviewer made it very conversational. If traveling isn’t ideal take the online interview. Or else I’d suggest in person so you can tour the campus as well.

Thanks for responding and the information! I wanted to save some money on travel fees since I'm from California, so those were my thoughts on choosing the online one. I hope you hear good news soon! :)

Does anyone know how the online Q&A session works? I have mine tomorrow morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how the online Q&A session works? I have mine tomorrow morning.

This may be too late, but it was a really casual Q&A on Zoom and the student I talked to said that she had no input on the admissions review and had no prior information about me. Was nice to talk to a student there since I won't be able to visit!

This may be too late, but it was a really casual Q&A on Zoom and the student I talked to said that she had no input on the admissions review and had no prior information about me. Was nice to talk to a student there since I won't be able to visit!
Yes to follow up with this post, I had my QandA today. It was very casual and I even got to know some of the other candidates interviewing as well which was comforting. I got a lot of insight about the school and am really excited for my interview next Thursday!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, did anyone else just receive the email about how the July 2020 seats are full?

Erlinda said "We encourage you to keep your interview date/time because we utilize the wait list each year" but it's still a little disheartening. I kind of wish I applied a little earlier. My interview is on 10/30. Is there hope and I wonder how deep they utilize the waitlist? haha

Last edited:
  • Sad
Hi, did anyone else just receive the email about how the July 2020 seats are full?

Erlinda said "We encourage you to keep your interview date/time because we utilize the wait list each year" but it's still a little disheartening. I kind of wish I applied a little earlier. My interview is on 10/30. Is there hope and I wonder how deep they utilize the waitlist? haha
DAMMMNN no way. I did not get an email yet about that but I have my interview next week too...I know they do go through the waitlist quite a bit but I thought I got an interview early enough that I would be good. I would have booked my interview earlier if I would have known in October it would be full. I expected December...I am with you on this one. Let me know how your interview goes. Good luck

DAMMMNN no way. I did not get an email yet about that but I have my interview next week too...I know they do go through the waitlist quite a bit but I thought I got an interview early enough that I would be good. I would have booked my interview earlier if I would have known in October it would be full. I expected December...I am with you on this one. Let me know how your interview goes. Good luck

Good luck to you too! Hope yours goes well. We have to stay optimistic.

I interviewed October 4 and haven’t heard a thing. Sounds like I’m getting waitlisted again. She gave me the same speech last year and I never got pulled off. Good thing I have an acceptance somewhere else ‍‍¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I interviewed October 4 and haven’t heard a thing. Sounds like I’m getting waitlisted again. She gave me the same speech last year and I never got pulled off. Good thing I have an acceptance somewhere else ‍‍¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dang, that's too bad about last year.

Congrats on the acceptance this time around though! At least you're in now, awesome. Where to, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Dang, that's too bad about last year.

Congrats on the acceptance this time around though! At least you're in now, awesome. Where to, if you don't mind me asking? :)
Nova Southeastern in Florida

When did you get the news you were waitlisted last time? I still haven't received notice that the class is full yet...but probably will come later today.

When did you get the news you were waitlisted last time? I still haven't received notice that the class is full yet...but probably will come later today.
Mid-December, but I was late applying last year, struggled with the writing part of the gre. I interviewed at the end of November last year and was told in the interview invite that it was for consideration for the waitlist.

Dang! I am assuming that is why I haven't gotten an email about an interview. What a bummer that they are already filled. I wonder if a lot of people applied for early decision?

• Sad
I just had my Q&A session and my interview is on Tuesday! Has anyone had their interview yet?

I have still not received this email. When did you schedule your interview?

I have still not received this email. When did you schedule your interview?

Got my interview invite 9/23, and scheduled it for this upcoming Wednesday (which was then the earliest date available to interview). I see yours is on Tuesday. Good luck with your interview! Let me know how it goes. :)

Dang! I am assuming that is why I haven't gotten an email about an interview. What a bummer that they are already filled. I wonder if a lot of people applied for early decision?

I think there may have been a good amount of ED people too. I have an inkling that others may choose to decline their spot when accepted elsewhere, like at a firm school (since rolling acceptances are fastest). So that's some hope for us! I hope you get an interview soon.

Hello! sent my secondary 09/01 and received an interview invite on 9/20. Interviewing November 1.
I’m a tad late to the post but I am also interviewing Nov. 1st! I did get the email from Erlinda about the waitlist so I was bummed to know that!

I’m a tad late to the post but I am also interviewing Nov. 1st! I did get the email from Erlinda about the waitlist so I was bummed to know that!
When did you get the email? Everyday I check my emails to see the bad news, but I have seen nothing yet and interview Thursday? SOS so annoying that I know this information but have not been officially told.

When did you get the email? Everyday I check my emails to see the bad news, but I have seen nothing yet and interview Thursday? SOS so annoying that I know this information but have not been officially told.
I received it Oct. 23rd. Thought it was weird that the email was not received by some! Will you be doing yours online or on campus?

I received it Oct. 23rd. Thought it was weird that the email was not received by some! Will you be doing yours online or on campus?
Yeah I also got this email. I interview Nov.1 but will be changing to video conference. I got an email from Tech the same day though granting me an interview!

Hey All!

Just found this thread and figured I'd make an account to share my experience! I submitted my application back in August, had an interview (online via Zoom) in September and was accepted in late September.

The online interview was pretty casual. For me, it was a lot of situations such as "respond to a time you faced adversity." They center a lot of their questions around why you want to be a PT and why you feel diversity and service is important. It should take around 20-40 minutes depending on how many questions you'd like to ask at the end! As long as you are yourself, I'm sure you will be fine! I loved my faculty member I interviewed with.

Also, I had a friend who was accepted last cycle who applied in December for the waitlist and was pulled and accepted from it around Feb/March. I wouldn't be put off by the waitlist as I am sure it's utilized.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey All!

Just found this thread and figured I'd make an account to share my experience! I submitted my application back in August, had an interview (online via Zoom) in September and was accepted in late September.

The online interview was pretty casual. For me, it was a lot of situations such as "respond to a time you faced adversity." They center a lot of their questions around why you want to be a PT and why you feel diversity and service is important. It should take around 20-40 minutes depending on how many questions you'd like to ask at the end! As long as you are yourself, I'm sure you will be fine! I loved my faculty member I interviewed with.

Also, I had a friend who was accepted last cycle who applied in December for the waitlist and was pulled and accepted from it around Feb/March. I wouldn't be put off by the waitlist as I am sure it's utilized.

Thanks for this; it made me feel less nervous going into my interview for the waitlist (and the chances of getting pulled off of it).

To add on, my faculty online interview was very conversational. A lot of questions similar as well as dealing with conflict too. The faculty member asked me about my background/one of my essays as well.

Thanks for this; it made me feel less nervous going into my interview for the waitlist (and the chances of getting pulled off of it).

To add on, my faculty online interview was very conversational. A lot of questions similar as well as dealing with conflict too. The faculty member asked me about my background/one of my essays as well.
Thank you both for your help! My interview is on Friday, and I think the advice you both have given is great! I too will post after my interview so it can benefit any other students applying!

What did they ask that was related to the essays?

I just finished my interview today! I was asked questions about my communication, writing, and listening skills. I was asked scenario questions about group work, diversity, and adversity. That pretty much summed up my experience. It felt very informal. My faculty member was very kind and seemed like she liked my answers to her questions. I really hope that is true and I hear back good news.

For some reason now my anxiety is even greater about being accepted. I thought it would go down after the interview, but instead, now I am so nervous to hear back from them. Especially since everyone is talking about this email they received about the waitlist. I have never gotten it and it makes me very confused...Well please send positive vibes my way, I would love to able to post my first acceptance with you all.

I just finished my interview today! I was asked questions about my communication, writing, and listening skills. I was asked scenario questions about group work, diversity, and adversity. That pretty much summed up my experience. It felt very informal. My faculty member was very kind and seemed like she liked my answers to her questions. I really hope that is true and I hear back good news.

For some reason now my anxiety is even greater about being accepted. I thought it would go down after the interview, but instead, now I am so nervous to hear back from them. Especially since everyone is talking about this email they received about the waitlist. I have never gotten it and it makes me very confused...Well please send positive vibes my way, I would love to able to post my first acceptance with you all.

I relate! The time post-interview and pre-decision was super anxiety inducing! Did they give you a timetable for decisions? For me, they said 1.5-2 weeks and it did happen more towards that 2 week side of the timetable. So don't sweat if it's close to the decision date and you didn't hear back!

I relate! The time post-interview and pre-decision was super anxiety inducing! Did they give you a timetable for decisions? For me, they said 1.5-2 weeks and it did happen more towards that 2 week side of the timetable. So don't sweat if it's close to the decision date and you didn't hear back!
Yes she said within two weeks I would hear back about a decision! I really hope it is sooner rather than later, but then again I have been all rattled because of this whole waitlist thing. I don't know, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

PSA: I just talked to Erlinda, and if you had an interview in October she did not send you the waitlist email, but it is true for all candidates that have not yet heard a decision back. So we're all going for waitlist spots at the moment. If anyone gets accepted PLEASE post it, it would be amazing to know how fast the list is moving...

Last edited:
Yes she said within two weeks I would hear back about a decision! I really hope it is sooner rather than later, but then again I have been all rattled because of this whole waitlist thing. I don't know, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

PSA: I just talked to Erlinda, and if you had an interview in October she did not send you the waitlist email, but it is true for all candidates that have not yet heard a decision back. So we're all going for waitlist spots at the moment. If anyone gets accepted PLEASE post it, it would be amazing to know how fast the list is moving...
Had my interview today and Erlinda explained the waitlist situation and how we get ranked! But like you send she didn’t send out emails to October interviews. Campus was beautiful and everyone is very kind and helpful. I love was asked about situations I’ve been I as well. Situations like stressful ones, where there has been miscommunication, customer service, and how I would deal with those situations. The set up was not nerve wracking because they make you feel very comfortable!

Last edited:
Had my interview today and Erlinda explained the waitlist situation and how we get ranked! But like you send she didn’t send out emails to October interviews. Campus was beautiful and everyone is very kind and helpful. I love was asked about situations I’ve been I as well. Situations like stressful ones, where there has been miscommunication, customer service, and how I would deal with those situations. The set up was not nerve wracking because they make you feel very comfortable!
Had my interview today also but opted to change for the video conference. I was told everyone gets asked the same questions to be fair so that's comforting! What did they say about how they rank people for the waitlist?

Its ranked of of GPA, GRE, LOR, Observation hours and all those this. They rank that in points and then from there if there is a tie, they rank based off of application submission date.

I was accepted back in late September. Im still weighing my options!