ASTRO 2020 - Virtual Meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elementaryschooleconomics

Mask on, Aquaplast, Mask off.
Administrator
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1588608940463.png

I didn't want to do job interviews anyway!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Bunch of 60-somethings rubbing shoulders together? Not happening any time soon :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if oral boards and Osler will try to go virtual this year as well.

“So now we have to pay thousands to fly in every applicant to meet them in person? Do we REALLY need another doc?”

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty damn hard to find bread flour right now. Unfortunately, even the bread lines may just be, eh.... lines.

• Haha
  • Love
“Our revenue is down 25%. Our daily volumes are down and patients didn’t start on fire when we aggressively hypofractionated. We don’t even need to be there anymore, and intermittently did so safely for months. Plus, We’re Skyping follow ups in 5 minutes. Hmmmm... you know what? We could probably make do.”

• Love
Funny how much more efficient we are these days.

Funny how much more efficient we are these days.

for me I’m like Jon Hamm in Mad Men, routinely taking mid day cocktail lunches in the office

anyone have any good tips for their office bars?

COVID may make the job market better...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well i was hoping to see some of you playas in Miami but I guess this will have to wait. Can’t imagine all the old white guys in RO wanting to be in a germ infested convention centre.

Well i was hoping to see some of you playas in Miami but I guess this will have to wait. Can’t imagine all the old white guys in RO wanting to be in a germ infested convention centre.

If the specialty is to survive, ASTRO 2020 needs to happen in person. Each practice must send tribute and may the odds be ever in your favor.

*edited for source accuracy

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
If the specialty is to survive, ASTRO 2020 needs to happen in person. Each practice must send tribute and the strong shall survive.

the most senior highest payed partner must attend. Totally agree

• Haha
Generous conference allowance has always been the draw of academic-type positions. No more.

Generous conference allowance has always been the draw of academic-type positions. No more.

no more three martini lunches. Gravy train is over folks. Now you get to see Harari’s family Pics over ZOOM while you check CBCT, and chairman cuts your pay

• Haha
no more three martini lunches. Gravy train is over folks. Now you get to see Harari’s family Pics over ZOOM while you check CBCT, and chairman cuts your pay

Dude I’m three martinis in. Wake Up

• Haha
Well, at least it is a minimum of 2 additional weeks of vacation, at any place that employs docs that I'm aware of.
At my Department, all away time has been cancelled and people are behaving kind of restlessly.

Really? I'm still waiting for my generous allowance. I'll wave at you from the Motel 6 whenever COVID-19 lets up.

Well, at least it is a minimum of 2 additional weeks of vacation, at any place that employs docs that I'm aware of.
At my Department, all away time has been cancelled and people are behaving kind of restlessly.
Can't really go anywhere, should still let you take staycation and homeschooling leave

Can't really go anywhere, should still let you take staycation and homeschooling leave

True, but how to frame it with Chairperson? Need time off for online CME?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to listen to a lecture when you're constantly getting paged away to check images, see OTVs etc

In reality all these virtual meetings are taped... But I guess we will start seeing docs taking time off for “online conferences” this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtual meetings are way worse for things like ASTRO main meeting

For refresher course, yeah virtual is the way to go. I'm watching that for studying purposes only. don't need to be on site

ppl just gaslighting on twitter again. don't get me started lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It's going to be a big disservice to seniors trying to get jobs imo next year to try and do things virtually at ASTRO for one. Won't be the same no matter how much they want to pretend it will be

will only accelerate breadlines. Things may get so bad there is no flour and they have to use nasty vegan stuff. That stuff never sold out during the food shortages at the store.

Killing off the older practitioners? Morbid, but possibly true

If your a 70 year old RO in a basement all day locked up in an office because your patients are afraid to come in, you probably aren’t getting COVID much less dying of it in substantial numbers

Nah my prediction is they take it as a sign they should keep working.

I was reading somewhere boomers think 70 is the new 50. Haha.

Reactions: 2 users
If your a 70 year old RO in a basement all day locked up in an office because your patients are afraid to come in, you probably aren’t getting COVID much less dying of it in substantial numbers

na 85 is the new 60

Or 70 is the new 25...

• Haha
  • Haha
  • Haha