Assigning new LOR after app. submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJ W.R.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I send off my app with only 2 LORs assigned to each program and then assign new LORs (as they come in and are proofed...I don't want to assign them now just in case they have a big typo!) after submitting the application? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

quick answer - yes, you can.

most programs do their downloading several times throughout the interview season; so it's in your best interest to get ERAS in ASAP, with whatever you have available, and then add to it as more components are completed. dont' forget you can always call/email the residency coordinator and let them know that you've added to your application, that way they 1) know there's something there, and 2) think you're interested...

good luck with the match process, it's one helluva roller-coaster ride. d=)

-t

Daiphon said:
quick answer - yes, you can.

most programs do their downloading several times throughout the interview season; so it's in your best interest to get ERAS in ASAP, with whatever you have available, and then add to it as more components are completed. dont' forget you can always call/email the residency coordinator and let them know that you've added to your application, that way they 1) know there's something there, and 2) think you're interested...

good luck with the match process, it's one helluva roller-coaster ride. d=)

-t

Thanks for the quick response...I'm going to need all the help and luck I can get!