Aspen Dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentin Tubules

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aspen dental recently visited my school and I just want to hear experiences if anyone has ever worked for this company.

Members don't see this ad.

I know 2 doctors who have worked for Aspen. 1 lasted a couple months (Oklahoma) and the other 1 stayed for 6 months (Indiana). Both of them hated it.

My wife (a hygienist) had a patient come in with a printed tx plan from aspen. 4 quads SRP and arrestin at almost every site. The PDs were 3-4mm.
That's the tx planning you can expect when you're pushed to produce an unreasonable amount.

Also...the Aspen recruiter for my area (nice guy) was ready to sign me after like a 10 minute phone conversation...they'll hire anybody. Think of the people in your class that you wouldn't even trust taking an alginate impression of you...they easily get jobs at Aspen. So it's unlikely that your supervisor/the senior dentist (who is usually only a few years older than you) is any more competent than you are.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In defense of corporate mills, horrible insurance reimbursement requires overtreatment. 4 quads srp in an hour + arrestin is the only way to turn a profit. No private practice offering ethical dentistry could survive at these ins rates.

Can GPs place implants in Aspen?
Yes, if they have had the training.

Worked there for 2 years and learned some good lessons. Got way fast and was able to juggle 3+ ops at a time. Also learned that I never want to do it again.

Would not advise new grads to do corporate, IMO. It's not a very forgiving environment for learning. get about 6 months to a year under your belt to get your feet under you, then maybe do a year or two in corporate to kick it into high gear and learn who you really are as a person and a dentist, and then go somewhere else.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, if they have had the training.

Worked there for 2 years and learned some good lessons. Got way fast and was able to juggle 3+ ops at a time. Also learned that I never want to do it again.

Would not advise new grads to do corporate, IMO. It's not a very forgiving environment for learning. get about 6 months to a year under your belt to get your feet under you, then maybe do a year or two in corporate to kick it into high gear and learn who you really are as a person and a dentist, and then go somewhere else.
Juggle 3 ops? Or work for corporate?

Were you ever pressured to overtreat at your office?

Work for corporate. Juggling 3+ ops is a good skill to have, IMO.

There was pressure but it was very subtle and they were quick to back off and say they weren’t trying to tell me how to doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user