ASDOH vs Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kikko22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

I have been fortunate to be accepted to ASDOH and IUSD. Having trouble deciding among the two. ASDOH has a modular system which may ease stress and the clinical rotations are awesome. But Indiana has an established name of a long time, unfortunately it is more expensive and you can't get in state tuition there.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ASDOH is a good school and will provide you with lots of experience and is cheaper.
They've been around for more than a decade so I'd say they're fairly established, go with ASDOH.

Indiana's tuition is higher but it costs a lot more to live in Arizona compared to Indiana. It's almost double according to the ADEA Guide. Also ASDOH has much higher fees over four years of schooling. Personally I'd probably pick Indiana due to name recognition and cost of living. The only downside is they do implement a portion of PBL.

Members don't see this ad :)
2015-2016 Tuition, fees, equipment:

ASDOH $301,162

Indiana $335,088

That's a hefty amount. But other than that, education wise, does any one have any insight? I think ASDOH may create excellent GP clinicians since there aren't really specialties and there are extensive clinical rotations. But what about IUSD?

Last edited: