As a dental student, what did you wish you had to help you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanimera

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the future, I hope to start a website specifically for predental and dental students. It would include informative videos, easy-to-understand study guides, tips and tricks, information for students hoping to study abroad and its own chat forum.

What would you or what would you have wanted to see as a dental/predental student? What classes did you struggle with? What would you like to see in a website aimed to help dental students? It does not have to be limited to study guides.

Edit: It seems the title was cut off.

Members don't see this ad.

In the future, I hope to start a website specifically for predental and dental students. It would include informative videos, easy-to-understand study guides, tips and tricks, information for students hoping to study abroad and its own chat forum.

What would you or what would you have wanted to see as a dental/predental student? What classes did you struggle with? What would you like to see in a website aimed to help dental students? It does not have to be limited to study guides.

Edit: It seems the title was cut off.
As a dental student , i wish i had more opportunities to practice my hand skills. unfortunately, in my country they don't teach you to do crown preps on mannikins or to do onlays and inlays . It is completely different when you do on plastic teeth vs on patients. i have seen three kinds of students in dental school, there are those which have God gifted skills and they are good even without practice, there are those which are good when they practice and then there are those who have to struggle no matter how much they practice. Somebody would be too good in didactics but not good in clinic. I wish there should be a prerequisite course to attend a local dental lab before joining a dental school .