Artificial intelligence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike-sheree

Reaction score
Just had a chat with an AI bot re pathology, remuneration, etc. It seems to be sharper than the CAP. It even talked about the over supply šŸ˜±. Spooky stuff coming folks. Iā€™m nervous for my grandkids.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Iā€™m sure the decrepit old gas bags at CAP will be on the forefront of protecting our field against AI encroachment. They certainly wouldnā€™t run the field into the ground while survivors fight over scraps in the post-apocalyptic hellscape of laboratory medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
The VCs and investment bankers are definitely going to go heavy into this and shave even more off what they can pay real pathologists.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You guys better go rural. Lot less AI in Appalachia.

Reactions: 4 users
You guys better go rural. Lot less AI in Appalachia.

I did an interview out in West Virginia once where they bragged significantly about having a newly built Taco Bell. The abject poverty and average BMIs over 30 sealed the deal for me. Noped the **** out of there.

I did an interview out in West Virginia once where they bragged significantly about having a newly built Taco Bell. The abject poverty and average BMIs over 30 sealed the deal for me. Noped the **** out of there.
You could have made yourself a king and created an empire. I'm sorry you ruined your life

Reactions: 5 users
You could have made yourself a king and created an empire. I'm sorry you ruined your life
Most have us have no desire to be king or create an empire. We just want to make good money and spend time outside work with our loved ones and friends. Personally I'd rather be a commoner in a place I love to live than whatever counts for a king in West Virginia.

Reactions: 5 users
and most of us certainly don't want to live in Appalachia. And even if we did, we'd be outsiders and never accepted into their culture or invited to their secretive Taco Bell parties.

Most have us have no desire to be king or create an empire. We just want to make good money and spend time outside work with our loved ones and friends. Personally I'd rather be a commoner in a place I love to live than whatever counts for a king in West Virginia.
I expect a king in WV looks something like Beef Supreme from idiocracy (especially considering the Taco Bell parties)

Reactions: 1 user
Havenā€™t lurked here in several years since finishing training and working in private practice. Same old ****. Doom and gloom.

Havenā€™t lurked here in several years since finishing training and working in private practice. Same old ****. Doom and gloom.
Itā€™s not as bad now. Job market isnā€™t crap like it was years back.

New Nature article re digitally processed, AI interpreted intraoperative brain ā€œfrozensā€. Should be the norm at tertiaries and above in 5 years I bet.

New Nature article re digitally processed, AI interpreted intraoperative brain ā€œfrozensā€. Should be the norm at tertiaries and above in 5 years I bet.
I feel like we've been hearing prognostications like that for 15-20 years now.

Reactions: 1 user