Article/Video "1500 warrants expected be issued over student loan debt in Houston area alone"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's be clear here. He got arrested for giving the court the middle finger on his 29 year old student loan debt and for not showing up to court. You can also get arrested for an unpaid traffic ticket if you refused to show up to court.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Let's be clear here. He got arrested for giving the court the middle finger on his 29 year old student loan debt and for not showing up to court. You can also get arrested for an unpaid traffic ticket if you refused to show up to court.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yes, and there are 1500 more in the Houston area alone who may also be served arrest warrants. That strikes me as a large number and that's just one city in one of fifty states. It wouldn't be a stretch to anticipate the number of student loan defaults will increase significantly over the near and far term. So, the number of arrest warrants will increase too? What happens in a decade or two when debtors who have been paying 10% of their income on IBR, maybe not even enough to pay off their interest let alone any principle, reach their final year of repayment with their debt now greater than at graduation and can't pay the taxes on their forgiveness? I guess we will all find out sooner or later.