All Branch Topic (ABT) Army vs. Navy vs. Airforce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justinander31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to medical school and now I'm looking to apply for the hpsp scholarship to pay for school. I can't decide which branch to apply through. What are the positives and negatives of each branch. I'm interested in surgical specialties and I have a wife and child. I want to join a branch that is family friendly but I also don't want to limit my choices for residency. I'm sure this has been talked about before but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure this has been talked about before but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, this has been talked about before... A LOT. Your post tells me that you need to read all of the stickies and the first 50 posts in this thread. After you can formulate some more specific questions, then you should come back here and ask them.

I want to join a branch that is family friendly but I also don't want to limit my choices for residency.

All of them will limit your choices for residency, and with all of the forced moves every few years, you may not think that they are family friendly, either.