Army HPSP ADT BAH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cycletank

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a previous thread that explained that HPSP students receive BAH II (RC/T) which is currently $743.70 per month during their 45 day ADT. However, I also saw that this rate is primarily used for reservists on active duty for less than 30 days. By definition, HPSP students are on active duty for 45 days.

I am going to be spending my ADT at my school as my curriculum runs through the first two summers. The BAH for Boston, MA (location of my school) is $2874 per month, which is over a $3000 difference with the BAH II rate for 45 days.

Can someone confirm that HPSP students receive the BAH II rate when completing their ADT at their medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Also interested in an answer to this if anyone knows!

Just spoke with the Military Pay Office in San Antonio. Trust me when I say that they are just as user friendly with me, as any of you guys... First they couldn't figure out how to transfer the call and I got "dropped". Next they refused to pickup when I called back. So I resorted to email.

Copied and pasted the question, the answer back was "HPSP students receive full BAH either with or without dependents for ADT for
45 days." Not a whole lot of help there huh?

Ok. Is the BAH based on the zip code of the school, or the address of the facility that they are visiting? I'm not even kidding a little here when I say that the answer was "based on the zip code on the order".

So, rather than wear out the last nerve I have left. The phone numbers to DFAS in San Antonio are 210-221-2862, 2793, and 0455.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just spoke with the Military Pay Office in San Antonio. Trust me when I say that they are just as user friendly with me, as any of you guys... First they couldn't figure out how to transfer the call and I got "dropped". Next they refused to pickup when I called back. So I resorted to email.

Copied and pasted the question, the answer back was "HPSP students receive full BAH either with or without dependents for ADT for
45 days." Not a whole lot of help there huh?

Ok. Is the BAH based on the zip code of the school, or the address of the facility that they are visiting? I'm not even kidding a little here when I say that the answer was "based on the zip code on the order".

So, rather than wear out the last nerve I have left. The phone numbers to DFAS in San Antonio are 210-221-2862, 2793, and 0455.

Thanks for this info & phone number. Will give a call tomorrow to follow up... being new to the Army didn’t even know where to start

I am interested in hearing what came of this. I am have applied for an in-school ADT and I am wondering if there is anything else I need to do to ensure I receive proper ADT pay this summer.

I am interested in hearing what came of this. I am have applied for an in-school ADT and I am wondering if there is anything else I need to do to ensure I receive proper ADT pay this summer.
I received BAH based off of my school’s zip code. No need to do anything special. I called and double checked with finance about my orders. They reassured me that I would receive the BAH for my school’s zip code, which I did. A great payday. Only hiccup was that I received my ADT pay and BAH later than expected. HPSP office explained that as an MS1doing school ADT you are the lowest priority for funding. It was only a few weeks and I still received my stipend in the mean time. I would recommend not planning any large credit card purchases or something thinking you’ll have a large payday coming. It might be a few weeks later than expected.