Army HPSP 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mearbearr

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how competitive the Army HPSP is and whether being an early acceptance student would hinder my chances. I'm matriculating to LECOM next Fall because I finished the program in 2 years (sophomore undegrad) instead of the 3 (3+4 EAP program). I don't have to take the MCAT and my GPA is around a 3.67.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how competitive the Army HPSP is and whether being an early acceptance student would hinder my chances. I'm matriculating to LECOM next Fall because I finished the program in 2 years (sophomore undegrad) instead of the 3 (3+4 EAP program). I don't have to take the MCAT and my GPA is around a 3.67.
From my research of the HPSP program, it requires an MCAT score, but since you have an acceptance it might be waived? Your best bet is probably to reach out to your local Army health professions recruiter to see if you are eligible and if they make exceptions for those that did not have to take the MCAT.

From my research of the HPSP program, it requires an MCAT score, but since you have an acceptance it might be waived? Your best bet is probably to reach out to your local Army health professions recruiter to see if you are eligible and if they make exceptions for those that did not have to take the MCAT.
Yeah, I've reached to a recruiter and he's trying to obtain a MAC waiver. I just wonder how competitive it is to obtain an acceptance of the Army HPSP. I'm going to be able to get my application done in time for the boards in February, but I'm one of those people that tend to worry a lot.