Army Army BOLC Eyeglasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihatepremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

As an incoming medical student at USUHS, will we be issued prescription eyeglasses? The ones I currently wear are rimless and seems pretty flimsy for the physical activities involved at BOLC. Should I invest in a ballistic one with RX insert? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The ones issued at BOLC last summer were not prescription.

They issued you non-prescription glasses? just clear plastic lenses? were they shooting glasses or daily wear? If they were shooting glasses did anyone get inserts?

We were the shortened course last summer, so we were allowed to wear our regular eyeglasses ( although you stuck out pretty bad if you wore red glasses or something!). They have since gotten rid of the shortened BOLC, so I don't know if the same rules will apply.

We were issued the eye-pro (linked in the last post) that you were able to get prescription inserts for... if you were willing to spend extra time getting them. No-one that I knew got them.

They have since gotten rid of the shortened BOLC, so I don't know if the same rules will apply.

They got rid of the short course? Funny. When I was there in 2011 everyone was talking about how great the short course would be.