This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdub5119

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm currently applying for the Army-Baylor DPT Program. Starting a thread to connect with other applicants. A little about me. I served 8 years active duty on submarines in the Navy. I have been in Navy Reserves for the past 3 years. This is my first time applying.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I’ve been looking for a 22-23 application cycle forum for a while.
I also am a first time applicant. I’m a civilian. Graduated college in May with a bachelors in exercise science, just finishing the remains prerequisites I need for PT school now. I played soccer all 4 years of college, so I pretty much leaned on that for my entire resume but I think it worked because I got contacted about an interview shortly after submitting my application. Interviewed a couple days ago, it went fine, I could’ve been less nervous for sure.
What has your experience been so far? I’m unsure if there’s any other steps between now and February, when the admissions committee meets. Feel very much in the dark.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I’ve been looking for a 22-23 application cycle forum for a while.
I also am a first time applicant. I’m a civilian. Graduated college in May with a bachelors in exercise science, just finishing the remains prerequisites I need for PT school now. I played soccer all 4 years of college, so I pretty much leaned on that for my entire resume but I think it worked because I got contacted about an interview shortly after submitting my application. Interviewed a couple days ago, it went fine, I could’ve been less nervous for sure.
What has your experience been so far? I’m unsure if there’s any other steps between now and February, when the admissions committee meets. Feel very much in the dark.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great you already had your interview. When did you submit your application? I am still waiting to be interviewed but I didn't submit until late and it took a little while for my GRE scores to post to PTCAS after submission. According to the past forums, you should be notified if you're moving on to the next phase. Then, a recruiter should contact you.

Application submitted I think August 20, verified around end of August. At the time of submission I had everything: I.e. transcripts, GRE scores, completed observation hours submitted, so that probably helped expedite the process.They contacted me within 2 weeks about an interview.
I am confused about the “next phase”, because my interviewer did not mention it over the phone. He told me the admissions committee will meet in February, and I should get in touch with a recruiter on my own in the meantime. But I’ve also read from past forums that they will notify you and get you in contact with a recruiter. So I’m confused. :/
I wasn’t sure how active you were, so I was pretty brief in my first thread. But some more about my application:
~3.8 total GPA and prerequisite GPA. Still missing both physics and biology 2 lab.
GRE scores:
155 verbal, 158 math, and 4.5 writing.
Focused on soccer and waitressing through college helping prepare me to be a good Dr, and leader in my essays.
I wouldn’t worry if you haven’t been contacted about an interview yet. I think I was part of the first wave because they contacted me before the deadline. Again, I’m disappointed with my interview, but it’s in the past, so I guess now I just focus on getting a good grade in physics.
Hope this puts things somewhat in perspective for you. If you have anything else to share, please do. Hopefully some more people can jump in on the thread. 🤠

Application submitted I think August 20, verified around end of August. At the time of submission I had everything: I.e. transcripts, GRE scores, completed observation hours submitted, so that probably helped expedite the process.They contacted me within 2 weeks about an interview.
I am confused about the “next phase”, because my interviewer did not mention it over the phone. He told me the admissions committee will meet in February, and I should get in touch with a recruiter on my own in the meantime. But I’ve also read from past forums that they will notify you and get you in contact with a recruiter. So I’m confused. :/
I wasn’t sure how active you were, so I was pretty brief in my first thread. But some more about my application:
~3.8 total GPA and prerequisite GPA. Still missing both physics and biology 2 lab.
GRE scores:
155 verbal, 158 math, and 4.5 writing.
Focused on soccer and waitressing through college helping prepare me to be a good Dr, and leader in my essays.
I wouldn’t worry if you haven’t been contacted about an interview yet. I think I was part of the first wave because they contacted me before the deadline. Again, I’m disappointed with my interview, but it’s in the past, so I guess now I just focus on getting a good grade in physics.
Hope this puts things somewhat in perspective for you. If you have anything else to share, please do. Hopefully some more people can jump in on the thread. 🤠
Hey! I am a second-time applicant. I applied last year and was placed on the OML (waitlist). Your stats look great and I'm sure your interview went better than you think, I didn't do the best on my interview last year in my opinion and still moved to the next phase. In terms of after the interview, they will interview all potential applicants before they email you about whether you have moved to the next phase (recruitment phase). I believe last year I interviewed about 3 weeks-4 weeks after I submitted my application and then about a month later they emailed about next phase. I haven't been contacted about an interview yet and submitted early September. During the next phase they tell you to be proactive and seek out a recruiter, but at least in my case a recruiter had contacted me. Let me know if you have any questions and hopefully I can answer them for you!

Hey all I am a first time applicant as well. I am a civilian graduating with a degree in human performance this spring. I have completed all pre reqs and taken the GRE. I had the opportunity to observe a military PT on post and I played baseball all four years in college as well. In my essays I really tried to highlight my understanding of military physical therapy as well as my capabilities to handle high academic stress and maintain a high GPA while under said stress. I got contacted for an interview and have one scheduled for this upcoming week.

I like the idea of using this forum to be able to gather information from other people as well as just to get an idea of a timeline and what to expect coming up. Good luck to all!

Hello everyone. Still waiting for an interview. I look at my email everyday hoping to receive word that I have an interview set up. I try not to think about it but the anticipation is hard to deal with. The only weak point on my application as far as I can tell is a low Quant GRE. My stats are; Cumulative GPA: 3.95, Prereq GPA: 4.0, 180 observation hours (40 at Army PT clinic), GRE Quant: 149, GRE Verbal: 156, Analytical Writing: 4.5. I served 8 years on submarines in the Navy and have been in the Navy Reserves for the past 3 years. Good luck to everyone. I look forward to tracking everyone's journey!

Hi all, this is my first time applying. I'm currently a cadet in the c/o 2023 at the Air Force Academy. My two weak points are, in my opinion, an unfortunate result of the Academy's rigor. My GPA is a lot lower than the Baylor-accepted average and I failed to find time to observe more than a few hours over the the minimum. I submitted my application on 15 Sept and had it verified on the 16th. Baylor informed me on 19 Sept that they received my verified application, but I have yet to hear anything about an interview.

GRE: 161 V ; 157 Q ; 4.0 Writing
3.30 GPA
124 Observation hours (all with military PTs)
Hobby: Drum Major for the Cadet Drum and Bugle Corps

Thanks to all for their own stats/progress, and good luck!

Hello everyone. Still waiting for an interview. I look at my email everyday hoping to receive word that I have an interview set up. I try not to think about it but the anticipation is hard to deal with. The only weak point on my application as far as I can tell is a low Quant GRE. My stats are; Cumulative GPA: 3.95, Prereq GPA: 4.0, 180 observation hours (40 at Army PT clinic), GRE Quant: 149, GRE Verbal: 156, Analytical Writing: 4.5. I served 8 years on submarines in the Navy and have been in the Navy Reserves for the past 3 years. Good luck to everyone. I look forward to tracking everyone's journey!
I wouldn’t overthink it. I think your stats are better than mine, and I got an interview. Pretty sure they interview up until November, so you still got plenty of time. 😬🫡

Hello all! First time applicant as well! Good luck to everyone! I’m a civilian applying to this program. I haven’t received an email for an interview yet. My application was verified on 9/7/22. Should I be nervous? I currently work in cardiac rehab as a clinical exercise physiologist; triple certified by ACSM (CEP, EP, EIM) I have a master’s and bachelor’s degree in exercise science; 3.62 GPA; I have experience with research and in athletic training. I hit the 100 observation hours but I work with special populations everyday. The only real ding on my application is my GRE score. It’s borderline. Should having a master’s degree overcome that? I’m finishing a couple outstanding prereqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! First time applicant as well! Good luck to everyone! I’m a civilian applying to this program. I haven’t received an email for an interview yet. My application was verified on 9/7/22. Should I be nervous? I currently work in cardiac rehab as a clinical exercise physiologist; triple certified by ACSM (CEP, EP, EIM) I have a master’s and bachelor’s degree in exercise science; 3.62 GPA; I have experience with research and in athletic training. I hit the 100 observation hours but I work with special populations everyday. The only real ding on my application is my GRE score. It’s borderline. Should having a master’s degree overcome that? I’m finishing a couple outstanding prereqs.
I'm kind of in the same position as you as far as the low GRE score. From what I understand, however, they look at the applicant as a whole rather than focusing specifically on just one area such as the GRE. Your experience is quite impressive and I'm sure they will take that into account. I also submitted closer to the PTCAS deadline (9/12/22 I believe) and I think they go in order as far as reviewing the applications. Interviews end Nov 16th so we still have plenty of time. The wait is not fun though lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm kind of in the same position as you as far as the low GRE score. From what I understand, however, they look at the applicant as a whole rather than focusing specifically on just one area such as the GRE. Your experience is quite impressive and I'm sure they will take that into account. I also submitted closer to the PTCAS deadline (9/12/22 I believe) and I think they go in order as far as reviewing the applications. Interviews end Nov 16th so we still have plenty of time. The wait is not fun though lol.
Absolutely agree! It’s driving me crazy. My patients ask me everyday too. Your resume is also very good. We just have to hope that they look at the whole picture!

Hi all, this is my first time applying. I'm currently a cadet in the c/o 2023 at the Air Force Academy. My two weak points are, in my opinion, an unfortunate result of the Academy's rigor. My GPA is a lot lower than the Baylor-accepted average and I failed to find time to observe more than a few hours over the the minimum. I submitted my application on 15 Sept and had it verified on the 16th. Baylor informed me on 19 Sept that they received my verified application, but I have yet to hear anything about an interview.

3.30 GPA

Did Baylor email you that they received it or did PTCAS? Also would they have emailed you specifically because you’re in the academy? I didn’t receive one from them but PTCAS sent me an email stating it was verified.

Did Baylor email you that they received it or did PTCAS? Also would they have emailed you specifically because you’re in the academy? I didn’t receive one from them but PTCAS sent me an email stating it was verified.
PTCAS emailed me that my application was verified on 18 Sept and Army-Baylor University confirmed that my verified application was received by the DPT program on 19 Sept. So, they both emailed me. I'm not sure why Army-Baylor emailed me if they haven't been emailing everyone, though... The Army-Baylor emails were from "[email protected]"

3.30 GPA

Did Baylor email you that they received it or did PTCAS? Also would they have emailed you specifically because you’re in the academy? I didn’t receive one from them but PTCAS sent me an email stating it was verified
PTCAS emailed me that my application was verified on 18 Sept and Army-Baylor University confirmed that my verified application was received by the DPT program on 19 Sept. So, they both emailed me. I'm not sure why Army-Baylor emailed me if they haven't been emailing everyone, though... The Army-Baylor emails were from "[email protected]"
Interesting. I didn’t receive one of those emails. Should I email them about that?

Did Baylor email you that they received it or did PTCAS? Also would they have emailed you specifically because you’re in the academy? I didn’t receive one from them but PTCAS sent me an email stating it was verified

Interesting. I didn’t receive one of those emails. Should I email them about that?
I'm not sure that it's anything to worry about. Army-Baylor also emailed me the morning of the deadline asking me to submit my application (as I was still revising an essay a few hours before the deadline (yikes to procrastination)). Maybe they have me on a notification list because of how close to the deadline I was.?

Did anyone else get emails from Army-Baylor University? --Other than for an interview.

I got an email from Army-Baylor confirming my application was received after it had been verified. I submitted my application in the end of August and it was verified by PTCAS shortly after.

I also received an email from PTCAS and Army Baylor. Army Baylor actually sent me two. The first one said they received my application. The second email said my application was incomplete because my official GRE scores were not on PTCAS. Once my GRE scores were on PTCAS I sent Army Baylor an email making them aware that PTCAS now had my official scores - they never replied to my email though.

Interesting. Maybe I should email them? I don’t recall getting one and everything seemed to be in order.

I got an email first from PTCAS immediately after submitting my application and then a little bit more than a week later I got an email from Army Baylor saying they verified my application. I submitted on July 28th and got an email from them on August 10th.

I got an email first from PTCAS immediately after submitting my application and then a little bit more than a week later I got an email from Army Baylor saying they verified my application. I submitted on July 28th and got an email from them on August 10th.
That’s odd that I didn’t get one if everyone on here is getting them

Hey everyone. This is also my first time applying for the Army-Baylor DPT program, I submitted my application on 6 SEP and received an email from the program on 8 SEP saying it was received. I have not been contacted for an interview yet either, though I'm sure this is a long process with a large amount of applicants to sort through. A little about me, I am in my 5th year as an active duty Soldier (SGT). I am graduating with my bachelors this December, my GRE scores were 157, 157, and 4.5. My current GPA is 3.59 but planning on this final semester boosting that up a few. I completed 102 observation hours at various PT locations on Ft Campbell. Thanks for setting up this forum, it has definitely been nice to see others working towards the same goal going through the same things.

Has anyone gotten an interview yet?
I have not gotten an interview. I also never received an email stating that they’d received my application. I emailed them last week asking about it and I got a form email stating that “ I will receive correspondence regarding your application via email. All applicants will receive results by 15 NOV.”

Hi everybody! This will also be my first time applying to the Army Baylor DPT program. I submitted on September 14th and got a confirmation email from them saying it was received and going to be reviewed on 9/19. I still haven't heard anything back from them yet. I will be graduating with my bachelors in Health Science this spring. I feel like I have a strong GPA and amount of experience/observation hours but my weak point is definitely my GRE. Good luck to everyone!!

How and when did they contact you to arrange for the interview? By phone or email?

Hey everyone! I would not stress too much about the interviews, they have until November 15th to contact you regarding an interview. When I applied last year, I had submitted 3-4 weeks before the submission closed, and had been contacted for an interview closer to end of Oct-beginning of November. If I remember correctly, I had my interview the last week or two they were conducting them. To my understanding, they conduct interviews based on who turns in applications first, so if you turned in your application later, towards the final submission date, you will be contacted for an interview later too. I turned in my application about 2 weeks before submissions closed this year and have not been contacted yet either. When I was contacted last year, I had received an email from a representative of the program, they had offered multiple interview dates and times. Once settling on an interview time, they will ask you to provide your phone number for the interview. The representative will call you at the scheduled date and time and the interview will be from 30 minutes to 45 minutes long (I have heard from other people that this can vary and be longer or shorter than this, just depends on what is discussed). The wait is LONG for this program in every aspect and phase so just a heads up! But don't be nervous about the interviews, I was so nervous last year, and it felt more of like a conversation than a formal interview! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Thought I might jump on this as well. I interviewed late September and currently waiting on follow on instructions. Has anyone received any notification after the interview?

3.65 overall PTCAS GPA in Exercise Science, 338 GRE, and am currently serving as a combat arms Army officer.
I interviewed in early October and have not heard anything either. I believe they said they would reach back out in late November or early December.

I interviewed in early October and have not heard anything either. I believe they said they would reach back out in late November or early December.
I was told Navy and Air Force make their selections (4 for each) in November. Army won't get back to anyone until March or April though so it can be a while before any of us hear back

Has anyone who applied close to the submission deadline been interviewed yet? I submitted my application like September 13 and haven’t gotten any emails since except for confirmation.

Has anyone who applied close to the submission deadline been interviewed yet? I submitted my application like September 13 and haven’t gotten any emails since except for confirmation.
I haven’t heard back for an interview yet either. I also haven’t received any emails even for confirmation that they’ve received it. I submitted mine and was verified by PTCAS on September 7th. What did your confirmation email looks like?

I haven’t heard back for an interview yet either. I also haven’t received any emails even for confirmation that they’ve received it. I submitted mine and was verified by PTCAS on September 7th. What did your confirmation email looks like?
I submitted around the same time. Haven't gotten an interview yet. We still have 3 weeks though so plenty of time to be contacted

I submitted September 5th and was contacted for an interview yesterday! Hope everyone hears back soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted September 5th and was contacted for an interview yesterday! Hope everyone hears back soon!
Congratulations! I submitted mine September 7th, hopefully I’m right behind you!

Congrats! Did you submit to PTCAS on 9/5 or was the confirmation from Baylor that they received your app was 9/5?

Congrats! Did you submit to PTCAS on 9/5 or was the confirmation from Baylor that they received your app was 9/5?
I had submitted to PTCAS of 9/5, I got an email from PTCAS that my application was verified on 9/6, Army-Baylor had reached out to me on 9/8 saying to fix something on my application (My GRE was not "officially" received because of my last name changing), once fixed they messaged me back on 9/8 to say my application was received. Hope this helps!

I had submitted to PTCAS of 9/5, I got an email from PTCAS that my application was verified on 9/6, Army-Baylor had reached out to me on 9/8 saying to fix something on my application (My GRE was not "officially" received because of my last name changing), once fixed they messaged me back on 9/8 to say my application was received. Hope this helps!
Thank you!

Congrats to all that have had interviews! I'm still waiting and trying to not lose hope but clock is ticking. I got an email from Army Baylor on 9/6 that said they received mine and it was under review. They have not reached out for any additional info.

Congrats to all that have had interviews! I'm still waiting and trying to not lose hope but clock is ticking. I got an email from Army Baylor on 9/6 that said they received mine and it was under review. They have not reached out for any additional info.
We still got time! I’m right there with you! Except I didn’t receive a confirmation email from Army Baylor that they had received it.

Hello everyone, and congrats to all who got interviewed or are still to interview!! It was be really exciting. I submitted and had my application verified on August 26th. I received an email from PTCAS on August 26th confirming that they had received my application. I also received an email from Army-Baylor on September 6th confirming that they had received my application and it is under review. I haven't heard back from them yet and it is already the 1st day of November, and the nerves are beginning to rise. I know there's like 2 weeks left before the window closes. Should i be concerned? To those who received an interview, if you don't mind would share your stats? looks like we I submitted my application around the same time y'all did or even a little earlier. I already seen Kdub's stats but I'm curious to what JPattDPT's and the rest of you guy's stats look like.
Overall GPA: 3.83
Observational hours: over 400 (I work at a pt clinic and also shadowed pt's in different sites as well)
Volunteer hours: 130
I work as a cardiac monitoring tech, strength and conditioning intern, pt aide and also involve in extra curriculars
GRE
  1. Quant: 150
  2. Verbal: 150
  3. Writing: 3

We still got time! I’m right there with you! Except I didn’t receive a confirmation email from Army Baylor that they had received it.
My Army Baylor confirmation email came a few day after the PTCAS submission. It was a standard email that basically they had received it and was under review and that they would reach out if they had any questions. It came directly from Army- Baylor.