Arizona OMFS program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else see this on the match site?

arizona.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Some of my 2nd year buddies (Way to be on top of things guys) told me about this yesterday. They even did their legwork, called the place, etc and found out they're hoping to have residents for July 2010

Members don't see this ad :)
So is this program going to be under the Match even though it is not started yet? Or will this program do thier own application and accept residents for imediate entrance?

I have no clue, I'd love to get a hold of some contact info though. It'd be very interesting to see how a new-kid-on-the-block OMFS program works

Amorshell, did you ever get my private email I sent you? If not I'll send it again. THanks for the info!

Some of my 2nd year buddies (Way to be on top of things guys) told me about this yesterday. They even did their legwork, called the place, etc and found out they're hoping to have residents for July 2010

Did they happen to mention how many resident spots are available? Any additional information on this program would be appreciated! Thanks

More info my googling has discovered:

From a CV on LinkedIn:

Suzanne Buhrow, MS,RN,DHA-C's Experience

Program Development Consultant
Banner OMFS Residency Program
(Education Management industry)
January 2009 — Present (11 months)
Development of a new four year oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program. Development of CODA Initial Application, curriculum, affiliations, faculty recruitment, facilities, course syllabus, preparation and participation in CODA accreditation site visit, program website design, and resident recruitment.

According to: http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/accred/commission/news/09_visits_advanced.pdf

they had their CODA site visit on 9/11/09

That's cool that Banner Good Sam is getting an OMFS program. It's not in the best part of Phoenix but it is a Level 1 trauma center so that should provide some good case exposure in that regard.

Dr. Buhrow is a first class and highly respected surgeon and a great father. I think he's starting what will be a really good program at Good Sam.