ARGH! i'm a *****!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

therealdeal555

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just submitted my eras, and i was reading over my final CAF, when i realized i misdated my future exams section! i put my step 2 CS as a "will take" but put 2/2006 instead of 2/2007...:mad:

hoping for some comfort,
1. do you think eras can fix this? (i know they're really strict about CAF submission)
2. do you think anyone will notice?

...yikes...

Members don't see this ad.

i just submitted my eras, and i was reading over my final CAF, when i realized i misdated my future exams section! i put my step 2 CS as a "will take" but put 2/2006 instead of 2/2007...:mad:

hoping for some comfort,
1. do you think eras can fix this? (i know they're really strict about CAF submission)

...yikes...

1. it wouldn't hurt to try... they are strict but this isn't even a typo - and it's OBJECTIVELY incorrect. see what they'll do.
2. honestly, i doubt people will notice, or it'll just fly by them, or if they do notice they'll know what you meant and assume something got botched up in the transmission.

i wouldn't worry about it too much. i'm scared to reread my ERAS because i know i'm going to find something that's wrong or missing. what's done is done. but in your case, try calling or emailing their HELP people and see if you can get it changed. Good luck and don't stress - it's really not a big deal:)

hoping for some comfort,

...yikes...

Dont worry about it....Since the info does not make sense...the PD will realize it is a mistake. They will prolly send you a message from ERAS for clarification. Not a big deal at all!

thanks for the reassurance...i did get to speak with ERAS help this morning (word of advice if you do try to contact them by phone--really long wait times), and they said that once that password is entered in the certification stage, it's read-only and they can't do anything to edit it. they did say that most programs rely heavily on the USMLE transcript, so any discrepancies would be cleared up.

yeah, its no biggie...please don't panic. i do understand that panicky feeling all too well...and it sucks. as long as the more important information is correct, you will be fine. plus, i highly doubt they'll even look at that and if they do, they'll understand you meant the future. :laugh:

Yeah, everyone realizes it's so easy to make little date errors like that, i don't think programs will care so much.

i have another question - i wrote on my eras app that i plan to take my step 2 ck in january 2007, but i haven't actually scheduled it yet, so it's not going to be on my usmle transcript. do you think that programs will care that i haven't scheduled it yet? i'm only applying for prelim year through eras, i'm not sure how much it matters to them anyway...